Chapter 1

Lillian Wilson^
•~•~•

My life has been a living hell since I was ten years old.
I've been abused physically, verbally and mentally since I was ten years old.
I've been a slave to my father and the pack since I was ten years old.

The reason for this?

I was blamed for killing my mother.

For a while I believed that I was to blame but as I got older, I understood things more and I knew I wasn't to blame.

But that doesn't stop the pain I feel every time I'm told that I'm the reason my mother died.

Not even a year after my mother's death, my father had re-married. Kiera is my step mother and she fits into that stereotypical image of a step mother.

Mean, evil, long blonde hair, light blue eyes, bimbo and only has one goal in life; To get as much money and power as possible.
All I know about her life before I knew her was that her mate died during a rogue attack.

Her twin daughters are Layla and Hazel.

Layla is an exact replica of her mother, physically wise and personality wise but Hazel isn't.
Hazel isn't like her mother and sister, she doesn't look like them either.

Hazel has long wavy brown hair, hazel brown eyes (hence the name Hazel) and has soft features.
Layla, like her mother, has pin-straight blond hair, light blue eyes, high cheekbones and sharp features.

I'm my 'familys' personal slave.

Which means I cook, clean and basically do anything I'm told to do. I wake up every morning at 6am to cook breakfast then I do the chores that need to be done. At the end of the day I get my daily beating.

No matter how well I do my chores, I'm never rewarded. No matter how well behaved I am, I'm never rewarded.

I'm beaten instead.

Most nights the beatings consist of a few punches and kicks but then there's other nights; nights when my father is in a worse mood then he usually is and beats me until I'm unconscious.

I dread those nights.

I may be a werewolf and have better healing then humans but my body isn't strong enough. As well as being beaten, I rarely get food and if I do it's either scraps or food that I sneak away to eat.

Because I'm starved, my body is malnourished and can't heal normally.

The only good thing in my life right now is my wolf.

Unlike the other members in my pack who got their wolves when they were 13, I received my wolf when I was ten.
It was after I lost my mother when my wolf appeared. I didn't tell anyone because it would've made everything worse. I would've been seen as a freak and been considered even more of an outcast then I already was.

My wolf, Tala, is the most important person in my life. Well I guess she's technically not a person since she's a part of me and is a wolf.

Tala has always been there for me, to cheer me up when I'm down (which is a lot), to encourage me to keep living when I felt like dying and convincing me that my life's going to get better.