Chapter 5

Beta Luke^
•~•~•

I groaned as I turned around and stuffed my face further into the warm pillow. The pillow shook lightly and I snapped my eyes open.

What I thought was a pillow was a naked chest and my arm was resting comfortably across it. I moved my gaze upwards and connected with a familiar pair of emerald eyes.

"Good morning Lily" he smiled widely at me. I nodded to him and dropped my head to hid my blush.
"No need to hid your blush beautiful" he chuckled and used his finger to tilt my chin up.

I flinched at the contact and I could see the pain in his eyes. He frowned and stroked my cheek with his thumb.
He didn't say anything about the flinching and I was glad he didn't. I'm sure he had an idea of why I flinched so much.

"Are you hungry?" He asked softly as his hand gently stroked my bandaged back. I nodded in reply and went to stand up.

"Where are you going?" He asked. I didn't respond and made my way downstairs, using my nose to find the kitchen. I was glad he had his own house so I didn't encounter any pack members along the way.
I found it eventually and immediately set on making breakfast.

"What are you doing Lily?" He asked causing me to jump and almost making me drop the pan. I gestured towards to the food cooking on the stove.
"You don't need to make us breakfast" he sighed and pushed himself off the doorframe.

I shrugged and continued on mixing the pancake batter. He began making coffee as I flipped pancakes.

I set up our plates as he finished making our coffee. He finished his breakfast in a few minutes while I could barely finish half of mine.

I played around with the food and felt his intense gaze on me. I shyly looked up through my lashes and furrowed my eyebrows curiously at him.

"You're not used to eating much are you?" He frowned. I gulped but shook my head in reply as I sipped my coffee.
He seemed to catch onto things quickly and I'm sure he's figured out what happened in my past for the most part but I doubt he knows about what the Beta did.

I shuddered at the thought of him and quickly busied myself with collecting then washing the plates.

"I'm not going to push you into telling me anything. You can tell me when your ready" he spoke as he leaned against the counter beside me with his arms crossed. I nodded and sent him a thankful smile before returning to the dishes.

Once the dishes were put away, he gently took my hand and led us to the living room and switched on the large flat scene tv.

We watched a show called 'Family Guy' and it was actually quite funny. I'd catch myself smiling at the bickering between the family dog Brian and the baby Stewie.

"Lily would you be ok if I introduced you to my Beta and his mate? They're very eager to meet you" Noah asked hesitantly as he scratched the back of his neck.

I froze the second I heard the word 'Beta' and began to hyperventilate. I could hear the distant sound of his concerned voice before finally snapping out of daze when a warm hand cupped my cheek.

"Lily" he said as he let out a sigh of relief. "What happened? Why did you freak out?" He asked sadly.

I gulped and gestured for pen and paper. He stood and grabbed them from a nearby desk and handed them to him.