Chapter 35

I woke up with a pounding headache and my throat felt dry and scratchy.
It took a few seconds for my mind to remember why and I instantly shot up from the bed I was on and ran out of the room.

I noticed I was still in the hospital then proceeded to run down the hall until I reached Noah's room. Dr. Blake just exited the room when he noticed me standing in front of him and he smiled widely.

"Good afternoon Luna. I hope your feeling better" he greeted.
"Well I'm not" I replied harshly but instantly apologised. He shook his head, dismissing my harsh tone.

"There's something I'd like to show you" he said before gesturing to Noah's door. I frowned and my eyes watered at the thought of seeing my mate's lifeless body lying on a hospital bed.

But that wasn't what I saw when I entered the room.

"Hey sweetheart" he smiled as he turned to look at me.
"Noah" I gasped as tears fell from my eyes.
"Lily" he mimicked as he moved to sit on the edge of the bed with his legs hanging over the side.

"So you're not dead?" I asked stupidly which made him smile.

"No baby" he chuckled.

I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly then he did the same.

"I thought I lost you" I sobbed as I rested my head on his shoulder and he ran his hand along my back soothingly.
"I would never leave you sweetheart" he mumbled into my shoulder before pulling back to look at me.

"I love you" I choked out as he wiped my tear stained cheeks.
"I love you too. So much" my mate replied then kissed my forehead.

I pulled away and look down at his chest where a white bandage was covering his wound.

"How are you feeling?" I frowned as I placed my hand gently over the bandage.
"Much better now that I have my mate in my arms" he smiled and pecked my forehead.

I giggled and lifted my head up to connect our lips. Noah smiled against my lips before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.
A throat cleared behind us which made us pull apart and turn to face the door.

"Sorry to interrupt Alpha and Luna but we need to do a quick check up on the Alpha" Dr. Blake smiled.
"It's no problem" I laughed before moving back to let the Dr. Blake and the nurses do their thing.

"Everything seems to be fine but we'd like to keep you here for just one more night before we let you go home" Blake explained as the nurses began to leave.

Noah groaned when Blake mentioned having to stay another night and flopped back against his pillow which made me laugh.
"Luna may I speak with you for a minute?" Dr. Blake asked as he gestured towards the door.

I nodded and sent Noah a reassuring smile when he frowned worriedly at me.

"What is it?" I asked once I closed the door behind me.

"Your test results from the other day" he said as he handed me a brown envelope. My eyebrows furrowed in curiosity as I took out the paper inside the envelope.
My eyes scanned the pages and everything seemed fine but when I reached the last page my eyes widened.