Chapter 29

Noah's POV

"Well that was a complete waste of time" I huffed as I rolled my eyes.
"The patrols reported suspicious sightings at the boarder Noah. It's better to be safe then sorry" Luke shrugged.

I didn't reply and we continued our walk back to the pack house in silence.

"Alpha!" I heard a voice yell. I turned to my left and saw Julia holding her crying daughter in her arms.
"What is it Julia?" I frowned worriedly.

"It's the Luna, Alpha. My daughter was out playing in the woods when a group of men grabbed her. The Luna saved her and told her to run back to the pack house while she handled the men. Alpha it's been an hour and there's still no sign of her" she cried.

"Where did this all happen?" I asked frantically. She told me where and I immediately bolted in that direction.

"Lillian!" I called out as I searched the area. I ran my hands threw my hair as I snapped my head around the area in search of my missing mate.
I took in a deep breath but couldn't smell anything.

"Dammit" I cursed when I realised they covered their scents.

"Luke I need a search team to meet me at the spot Julia told us about. Our Luna is missing" I ordered Luke through the mind link.
"Of course Alpha. They'll be there in 5 minutes" he replied curtly.

I continued searching the area until the search team arrived.

"This is where the Luna was last reported to be seen. I need the area scooped out for any clues of where she was taken" I ordered the men. They replied with a curt nod before dispersing around the area.

'Mate' I heard Jackson whimper longingly.
'I know bud. We'll find her' I replied.

. . .

Lillian's POV

I woke up with a groan and my head pounded painfully. My brain felt like mush and my muscles felt like jelly. I sat up and looked around the familiar room.

"Dammit" I cursed under my breath.

My old room was the same as when I left. I was sitting on the ratty, old mattress with a chain tied to my ankle that connected to the wall and handcuffs around my wrists.

"Noah?" I called out through the mind link but felt something blocking my connection. I groaned and tried to get the chain off my ankle.
I snapped my head towards the door that was being opened and scowled at the person who entered.

"Hello darling" Jacob smirked as he stood in the doorway.
"Jacob" I spat in greeting.

He stepped further into the room and another body took his place in the doorway. My eyes widened at the sight of the person who helped ruin my life here.

"Hello little flower" James smiled. I growled warningly as they stepped further into the room.
"You know, I had an arrangement set up before you left that involved Beta James here" Jacob spoke as he slowly paced in front of me.

"Would you like to know what that arrangement was dear?" He asked with a taunting smile.
"No" I growled.

"Oh well. I'll tell you anyways" he paused before continuing, "you are to be mated with Beta James"