Chapter 32

"Lily" he called out again but I didn't reply. I remained sitting in the shower, allowing the hot water fall over me.

"Lillian if you don't answer me, I'm coming inside" he said sternly but I still didn't respond. I heard him sigh before the door unlocked then opened. He walked towards me and crouched down beside the shower.

"Sweetheart?" He frowned as I kept my gaze on the tiled wall in front of me. I blinked before turning my head to look at him. His worried expression deepened and a frown fell on his lips.
"You've been in here for an hour baby" he sighed and reached forward to cup my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into his hand, feeling a different kind of warmth that the hot water didn't provide.

"I'm just thinking. I'm sorry for worrying you" I frowned then opened my eyes to look at him again.
"Will I get you a towel?" Noah asked and I nodded. He pecked my forehead before standing up to get a towel then handing it to me.

He turned around as I shut of the water and wrapped the towel around me. I stepped out and was immediately pulled into his chest. I let out out a breath and relaxed in mate's arms.

"We'll figure something out sweetheart" Noah reassured me but I just sighed, not fully believing we would.
He hooked his arm under my legs and carried me into the room then gently placed me on the bed. Noah then walked into the closet and came out with one of his shirts.

"Arms up" he ordered quietly and I complied, allowing him to slip his shirt over my head. He tugged the towel off my body and went back into the closet coming out with my underwear. I blushed at the lace panty he chose but put it on anyways.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked softly as he laid beside me with his arm around my waist and my head on his chest.
"People are going to die because of me Noah and I can't- I can't-" I mumbled but a sob cut off my sentence.

He tightened his hold around me and brought me closer to him. I turned my head into his chest and continued crying.

"It isn't your fault sweetheart. Cain chose to do this and we tried to stop him. There's nothing we can do other then fight back and protect each other and the pack" he mumbled reassuringly and kissed the top of my head.

"He's my brother Noah. My own brother wants me dead and everyone I care about, and for what? I just hate knowing that Cain is the way he is because of some rogue who took him when he was younger. I hate knowing I can't help him"

We sat in silence after my reply, the only sound filling the room was our breathing.

"Get up and go get ready" Noah announced suddenly and stood up from the bed.
"Get ready for what?" I mumbled tiredly. 

"I'm bringing you on a date to take your mind off things. So go get ready"
I smiled and shook my head but got up anyways.

"And where are we going?" I asked with a small smile.
"Cute and a bit fancy sweetheart" he winked before entering the closet and coming back out again with some clothes in hand, "I'll leave you get ready in here and I'll change in the next room. I'll give you an hour" he said before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

"An hour!" I mumbled in frustration. Good thing I already had a shower so now all I have to do is pick an outfit and do my hair and makeup.