Chapter 4

Alpha Noah King^
•~•~•

"Try and catch me mommy!" The nine year old me giggled.
"I'm coming to get you little wolf" she yelled playfully from behind me as she chased me through the park.

I giggled while she laughed and soon she caught me, wrapping her arms around me and lifting me into the air making me squeal.

"Here comes the tickle monster" she teased then began tickling my sides. I giggled uncontrollably and tears streamed down my face.
"Momma stop" I squealed.

"I love you little wolf" she smiled and kissed my forehead.
"I love you too momma" I grinned.

The scene then changed drastically.

The once bright, clear blue skies were now a dark and cloudy grey.
The sharp, green grass and the brightly coloured flowers all wilted and died away, leaving hard, cracked dirt in its place.

"Momma what's happening?" I cried.
"Don't worry little wolf" she smiled nervously down at me and held me closer.

A group of wolves then jumped out from behind bushes and trees and stood in front of us. I screamed and jumped back behind my mom.

"Momma I'm scared" I said as I buried my face in her leg and tears streamed down my face.
"Momma's here baby, don't worry."

The wolves began approaching us so I closed my eyes and tightened my grip on her leg.
Suddenly I was holding the air and my mothers body had somehow disappeared from my grasp.

My eyes snapped opened and I looked around desperately for my mother.

"Why did you leave?" she cried as she was being held by one of the rogues.
"You told me to momma" I cried loudly.

"If you really loved me, you would have stayed and helped you selfish child" she yelled as the rogues hand tightened around her neck.

My mothers once warm and loving eyes turned cold and hate filled.

"But momma I do love you" I sobbed as I fell to my knees.
"No you don't" she spat, "you left me to die" she yelled.

"Momma, I'm so sorry. I'm s-so s-sorry" I sobbed louder.

"YOU LEFT ME!" She yelled furiously then the rogue snapped her neck.

•~•~•

I woke up from my nightmare and began screaming hysterically as tears streamed down my face.

I held my trembling hands over my face as I screamed.
A door was slammed open and then my trembling body was being wrapped by warm and calming arms.

"Shh shh shh. It's ok. It's ok. Calm down baby" a voice cooed in my ear and tightened their hold as I struggled.

I tried using my arms to push the person away but their grip tightened and they continued cooing in my ear.
I let out sob as I dropped my arms in defeat and the person rested their chin on my head.