Chapter 13

It's almost been two months since I first arrived at Noah's pack and they've been the best months I've had in years.

Ever since the Luna ceremony, everyone has been very welcoming and they've become my family within such a short time.
I feel loved and cared for here. I found my home, and I'm not letting anyone take that away from me.

Especially my old pack.

I will not allow them to destroy my new found happiness and I will not allow them to hurt my family.

I made a promise to myself and my pack when I became Luna, that I will protect them. I will not let any harm come to them and I will most certainly not allow my old pack to win.

My dad and Beta James are still coming at the end of the week, unfortunately.
I would've thought my dad and the Alpha would come together but the Alpha is staying with the pack.

I am really not looking forward to seeing my dad and the Beta again.

I made a lot of progress here and I have a feeling that seeing them again will make me go back to the start and act how I did when I came here and I don't want that.

Noah said he will not leave my side when they get here and I appreciate that, it's just we both know that he can't be with me 24/7. We part ways during some part of the day, it's inevitable.
And that's what I'm afraid of. My dad or the Beta will be waiting for the perfect time to snatch me away and that terrifies me.

Since Noah has been busy with pack work and training, I've been hanging out with Charlotte or exploring the territory.

Even though I've been here for almost two months I haven't seen every room in this house.
I've seen the basic rooms like the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, library and game room but with the size of this house, there's other rooms I haven't seen yet.

So that's what I'm going to do for the rest of the day.
Explore the rest of this house.

I decided to explore the basement first. Basements were my least favourite thing because of all the memories I had down there, and they aren't pleasant ones.

I wanted to go to the basement first to get it over and done with.

I walked towards the basement door and stopped in front of it. I took a deep breath and reached for the door knob.
I slowly opened the handle and stood stiffly as it creaked open. I flicked on the light switch and saw a set of stairs leading down.

Grabbing the railing with my shaking hand, I slowly began descending the steps, my shoes against the floorboards and my rapid heartbeat were the only noises I could hear.

I reached the last step and was met with a dark room but with my enhanced vision I could make out the outlines of some objects.

I blindly felt around the wall, looking for a light switch and as soon as I found one I flicked it on.

What I saw in this basement was the exact opposite of what was in the basement of my old house.

The basement in my old house was a dimly lit room with concrete walls and floors.
Chains on the wall, a chair in the centre with rope on the legs and arms of it, a wall full of torture tools that would be used on me as punishment.