Chapter 25

Zander^
•~•~•

I stood up and looked around the familiar clearing with a smile on my face.
"It's nice too see you again darling" a familiar voice greeted behind me.

I turned around and saw my mother and father together with smiles on their faces.
"Hey mom" I grinned and hugged her.

She smiled at me as we pulled away and I looked at my dad.
"How are you here?" I asked him.
"The same way you are. Your mother visits me when I sleep. It's how I survived so long without my mate by my side" he explained with a smile.

I was about to reply when a flash of white light came from behind me. I turned around and saw Zander looking around before turning to us with a smile.

"Hello mother" he grinned and hugged her before greeting me and our father.

"This is so cool" I grinned as I looked at my family.
We were finally all together and I couldn't be happier.

"There's a reason why you're here darling" my mother said with a frown.
"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Remember I told you that you had another older brother?" My father asked. I nodded and my mother continued.

"His name is Cain and was born a year after Zander. Because I'm a werewolf and your father is a vampire, you all carry both genes. The vampire gene is more prominent in Zander while the wolf gene is more prominent in you Lillian" she explained.

She gestured for us to sit so we all sat on the ground in a small circle.
"But Cain is a hybrid. He has an equal amount of each gene in him. He's what we call a demon wolf. Because it's rare for a vampire and werewolf to be mates, there are only a few demon wolves in the supernatural world. There's a 50/50 chance to save the child from becoming a demon wolf but it is difficult" my mother paused and my father continued for her.

"When a child of a vampire and werewolf couple is born, the child is tested for the hybrid gene. When the child is confirmed as a hybrid they are carefully monitored throughout their life" he said before my mother resumed talking.

"In every hybrid is a darkness. A darkness that must be controlled at an early age before it takes over the child. While Cain was growing up we tried our hardest to raise him right and help him with his darkness. Unfortunately when Cain was 4 he was taken by a rogue pack. You were only a baby and we feared your safety which is why I gave you to my sister. We searched for Cain and the rogue pack but couldn't find them.
I was under pressure to take my role as Moon Goddess so we stopped searching for him after a year" my mother stopped as her eyes began to tear up.

My father frowned and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"A few years later, when Cain would've been 10, I heard word of a newly shifted demon wolf and knew it was Cain. I began a search for him and eventually found him. I thought he'd be glad to see me but it was the opposite. He hated me and attempted to kill me. The rogue leader had convinced him that we didn't love or care for him. The darkness had taken over Cain and made him the demon wolf he is today" my father explained with anger and sadness lacing his tone.

"The rogue leader died and Cain became the new leader and was feared by all wolves. The rogues that got into your territory Lillian, belong to Cain's pack. Cain has requested your capture as well as Zanders. We aren't sure why but we needed to warn you" my father told me.