Chapter 12

"And......finished!" Charlie exclaimed once she completed the finishing touches on my make up.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to the bed where the dress I'm going to wear for the ceremony was. I picked the dress up carefully and went into the bathroom to change.
I placed the dress on the counter and untied the robe I had on and let it drop weightlessly to the ground.

Being only left in my underwear, I turned back to the counter to get my dress when I noticed something in the mirror.

My scars.

They disappeared.

My skin was now smooth and unscarred.

I hadn't even taken the time to really look at myself in mirror since my shift, considering that Noah said I looked different from before.

My brown hair was now a platinum white and reached my mid-back. My dull brown eyes were now brighter and had a golden ring around the pupil.

My scarred and pale skin was now free of scar and marks and was slightly tanned. My overly skinny and horrid body was now more muscular and toned.

I was shocked from the amount of changes the shift caused me and so I just stared at my new body for a good 5 minutes before remembering I had a ceremony to get ready for.

I stepped into the dress carefully and zipped up the back of it. I smoothed out the soft fabric and took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom.

I immediately heard two gasps once I entered the room. Looking up I saw Maddie and Charlie with their hands over their mouths and looking at me.
It was silent for a good minute before I cleared my throat, snapping them out of whatever trance they were in.

"You look amazing" Charlie said, while grinning at me as she continued to scan my appearance.
"You look beautiful darling but I have something that will add to it" Madeline smiled and turned around and picked something up.

"The kids at the orphanage thought it would be a nice idea to make our new Luna a flower crown for the ceremony" she smiled as she showed me the flower crown in her hands.

Large daisies, buttercups and hydrangeas were woven skilfully into the beautiful and colourful crown.

I smiled at Madeline as she then placed it on top of my head.

"Now your ready dear. Would you like to see?" She asked. I smiled and nodded my head.
She smiled back and gently placed her hands on my shoulders and turned me around.

My breath caught in my throat the second I saw my appearance.
I looked so...

Different.

My platinum hair is loosely curled and is flowing down my back.
My new body was covered with a white dress that flowed down to my feet and had a illusion top that was decorated with white flowers.

They didn't put much make up on me because 'I was beautiful without it' so they did simple eye makeup and just added lipgloss to my plump lips.

I looked beautiful.

I looked happy.

I turned around and gave the girls a big hug while I tried holding back my tears.