Chapter 14

The day I've dreaded has arrived.

Today's the day my father and Beta James are coming to the pack.

I've been dreading this for the past week and it only got worse as the day grew closer and I'm sure the pack can sense there's something wrong.

Besides all the time I spent worrying about today, my week hasn't been too bad.
I socialised with some of the women in the pack as we prepared dinner and I would go to visit the kids in the orphanage everyday and play with them.

And that's where I am right now.

I figured it would help me with the nerves by hanging around with these free-spirited, innocent kids.

We were currently making finger paintings and there is paint everywhere, and I mean everywhere. On the walls, the floors, the tables, chairs, my face, their faces and somehow it got onto the pet hamsters they have here.

(AN: reminder, italics= mindlink)

'Tidy up time guys!" I told the kids through the mind link.

They all looked up at me and pouted.

"Don't give me that look. Look at yourselves. Covered in paint" I giggled as I tried my hardest to resists their faces.
They looked around at each other then themselves and began giggling at one another.

"Boys follow me, girls follow Miss Susie" I ordered them then began to mimic a soldiers march and the boys began marching behind me.

I led us to the bathroom and cleaned all the paint of their faces and body then when they were done they went on their merry way while I cleaned myself up.

"Looks like you guys had a blast today" a familiar and amused voice said from behind me.

"Definitely" I laughed as I finished drying my hands.
I set the towel on the counter and walked over to Noah and wrapped my hands around his waist and he then copied my actions.

"How was your day?" I asked while smiling up at him.
"Busy" he huffed and buried his face in my neck as he sighed.

We stayed in a peaceful silence, just enjoying each other's company before a voice came through the pack link and said the words that caused my mood to drop instantly.

"The guests have arrived"

. . .

Noah's POV

I'm currently standing beside my trembling mate in front of the pack house.

I honestly hate to put her though this but she's going to face them at some point during their stay and I'd rather be there when it happens.
But I'm unsure about how things are going to turn out.

I know one thing for sure though.

There's no way in hell am I allowing them to take my mate from me.
She belongs here, with me and this pack. Where she's treated the way she's deserves and not like a piece of crap on the bottom of your shoe.

I'm not sure how I'm going to stay calm when they arrive because all I can think about was her life before she came here and how badly they treated her.