Chapter 7

Noah's mother, Madeline (Maddie).
•~•~•

"Noah!" A feminine voice called out loudly from downstairs. I heard a muffled groan from behind me as a set of arms tightened hold around my waist.
"Noah!" They called more sternly, "I swear boy, if your still asleep I'll-" the women paused when she opened the bedroom door. I closed my eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep.

"What is it mother?" Noah groaned quietly.

"And who's that?" She asked, no doubt asking about me.
"Crap, I knew I was forgetting something" he mumbled quietly to himself.

"Well?" His mother asked again impatiently.
I felt him slowly loosen his arms around me and sit up fully in the bed, facing his mother.

"My mate" he replied.
"Your what!?" She asked surprised.
"Shhh, you'll wake her and yes, she's my mate" he answered quietly with pride in his voice.

"Why am I only finding out about this now?" She asked.
"Well, lets just say that she wasn't in the best condition when we found her on the territory" he whispered sadly.

"Oh the poor dear. Come down when you're ready and I'll start breakfast for you guys" she said softly. Noah thanked his mother and she quietly left the room.

"You can open your eyes now" he said, I could hear the smile in his voice. I slowly opened my eyes and faced him with a curious look on my face.
"I knew you were awake because your heart rate picked up during our conversation about you being my mate" he smirked.

I huffed and glared at him before throwing the covers off me and going into the closet to change, Noah's laughter being left behind.
I changed into a cream sweater and black leggings that Charlotte had given to me. I slipped on a pair of woolly socks and tied my hair up in a messy bun.

"You look beautiful" he smiled and held his hand out for me to take. I took it and he led us downstairs.
I suddenly stopped in my tracks when remembered who was downstairs in the kitchen.

"Why'd you stop?" Noah asked. I just stared wide eyed towards the kitchen entrance and waited for him to get the message.
"Don't worry, my mother is a very nice women. The worst she could do is hug you so tight that you can't breath" he chuckled and looked down at me.

I took a deep breath and nodded to myself before we continued towards then kitchen.

"Morning dearies" his mother greeted cheerfully as she finished setting food on two plates.
Noah greeted her while I just waved shyly and hid halfway behind Noah.

"Don't be shy dear, come along" she smiled invitingly as she gestured to the stool by the counter.

Noah and I walked over and took a seat then began eating. The food was the best thing I've eaten in... years.
Not that Noah's food wasn't amazing but his mother's food was different somehow. It was more homely and comforting.

I ate as much as I could but felt like vomiting after eating about half.
I stared down sadly at the remaining food on my plate, feeling bad for wasting such lovely food.

"Don't mind it dear, you ate as much as you could and that's fine. I don't want you getting sick now" his mother smiled at me.

I smiled thankfully at her and gestured to her if she wanted the rest. She simply shook her head and gave the remains to Noah who ate them without argument.
We both watched him with amused expressions on our faces as he finished his food.