Chapter 18

"Ok Lily try again" Noah yelled from the side.
I huffed but narrowed my eyes and concentrated on the object in front of me.

After getting the go head from the pack doctor yesterday, Noah promised we'd work on my powers but after a good nights rest.

So that's where we are right now.
We were in his back garden and I was trying to move things with my mind like how I stopped the glass falling yesterday but I couldn't grasp it.

We started with small things first like a small stone. I was able to lift it up an inch but only for a second before dropping it again.
I was getting really frustrated with it and was starting to lose my patience.

I groaned and stomped my foot in frustration and flopped on the ground.
"Lily" Noah sighed and walked over to me.

"It'll take time. And it's not going to get easier with you being frustrated so you need to relax ok?" Noah suggested as he cupped my cheek.

I sighed and closed my eyes, leaning into his hand. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I felt myself relax.
I opened my eyes and smiled thankfully at him.

"Ready to try again?" He smiled and I nodded. He pecked my forehead before sitting on the chair he was previously sitting on.

I took a deep breath before concentrating on the stone in front of me, willing it to float upwards.
I felt myself smile as it began to float. I held in my excited squeal as I willed it to move around and it followed.

I dropped it carefully on the ground and finally let out my excited squeals.
"Good job baby" Noah chuckled as he watched me hop around the garden.

"Want to try something bigger?" He suggested as he carried something over. I watched as he placed the chair he had been sitting on, down in front of me.

My eyes widened in surprise. This is a big change, a small stone to a outdoor chair.
"You can do it" Noah smiled encouragingly then gestured to the chair.

I let out a deep breath before focusing on the chair and willing it to float.
It took a few tries but I eventually got it up into the air and moving around.

"Well that's enough for today. You must be hungry" Noah smiled as he took my hand and led me inside. I frowned at his back.

I wanted to keep practicing and seeing what powers I had. This was exciting for me.
My whole life I've been told I'm nothing but a useless mutt but now I actually had something worthwhile.

"So I was thinking pasta" Noah suggested as he sat me on the counter. I nodded and watched him move around the kitchen and prepare us lunch. I moved to the stool as he dished up our plates. We sat and ate quietly and then I washed up.

As I put the last plate away, a set of arms wrapped around my waist.
"I'm taking you on a date later so be ready for 5" he whispered in my ear then placed a light kiss underneath it.

I shivered as tingles spread down my spine and down to the tips of my toes. I nodded and turned to place a kiss on his cheek.
He grinned and kissed my forehead.

"Charlotte will be over soon to help you get ready so until then let's watch a movie" he smiled and threw me over his shoulder.
I giggled and playfully slapped his back before I was dropped on the couch.