Chapter 22

My dad and Noah have been in Noah's office for the past hour talking about who knows what while I decided to make some food.

After placing the last plate of food on the dining table, I went upstairs to tell them the food was done.
I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before entering.

My father was sitting on the office chair while Noah sat on his chair behind the desk, opposite to my dad.
My dad had an intense look on his face and his lips were set in a firm line. Noah's face was slightly pale and his lips were turned down into a frown.

"Everything ok here?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow at the two.
"Perfectly fine darling. Just having a man-to-man talk, weren't we Noah?" My father replied and turned to Noah.
"Y-yes sir" Noah nodded instantly as he avoided his gaze by looking down.

"I hope you haven't scared my mate dad" I said sternly as I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I was only talking to him darling. Nothing to worry about" he smiled.

I hummed and walked over to Noah and set a comforting hand on his shoulder. His tense frame instantly relaxed at my touch. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Well there's food ready so let's go eat" I smiled and we all went downstairs.

"He gave you the 'don't you dare hurt my daughter or I'll kill you' talk didn't he?" I asked Noah through of link.
"Yes. Your dad is scary when he's threatening you" he mumbled back in reply. I chuckle and shook my head as we entered the dining room.

We made small conversation as we ate, my father mainly asking about myself.
"That was lovely darling. I'm feeling quite tired so I'll see you in the morning" my dad smiled and kissed my head.
"Night dad" I replied with a smile and he smiled back then left the room.

I heard Noah leave out a relieved sigh and I couldn't help but laugh.
"What? He's intimidating" Noah grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"He's the King of Vampires Noah. Of course he's going to be intimidating" I giggled and stood up, taking the plates into the kitchen.

He huffed in reply as he followed behind me. I began washing the dishes and his arms wrapped around my waist with his head resting on my shoulder.
I couldn't hold back my wide smile that spread through my lips.

This felt so right. I felt complete in this moment and I felt happy.

"Can I practice my powers and train again" I asked after the dishes were put away.
He nodded and led us through his territory until we reached the clearing.

"Powers or training first?" He asked.
"Training" I replied and he nodded.

We got into our fighting stances and began sparing. Every now and then he'd stop to point out mistakes or improvements I could make to my fighting and defending.

I took in everything and applied it when we began again.
I saw his fist coming towards my face from the corner of my eye and quickly grabbing his fist in my hand.

"Your reflexes are getting better" he chuckled as he removed his fist from my hand. I smiled proudly but froze when I heard something in the distance.

I snapped my head to the left and saw Noah look at me curiously.
"Can't you hear it?" I asked. He shook his head and frowned in concentration, listening for what I could hear.

I could smell the familiar rotting scent coming closer.
"Noah it's rogues" I informed him as I kept my gaze locked on where the noise was coming from.