Chapter 28

"LUKE!" I screamed as I stormed out of my bedroom and stomped down the stairs. I heard the distant sound of someone curse before a pair of footsteps retreated outside.

"Not so fast you little rat!" I yelled and began running after him. I heard him yelp as I turned the corner and spotted him heading towards a group of kids.

"Hey guys, please hide me!" Luke pleaded the kids as he crouched behind them. The kids looked at me curiously before turning back the their Beta. Suddenly they all jumped on top of him, making him immobile, and giggled to themselves.

"No, no kids please" Luke begged as he tried to wiggle his way out of the dog pile.
"Thank you guys. You can continue playing" I smiled at them.
"You're welcome Luna" they said simultaneously before hopping off of Luke and scampering away.

My smile faded and a glare took its place.
"Come on Luna. I was only trying to lighten up your mood" he huffed and sat up from the ground.

"You thought that I enjoy people waking me up by pouring freezing cold on me" I scoffed.
"Ok I get what you're saying but please. I said I'm sorry"

"Sorry ain't going to cut it pal" I scoffed then grabbed his ear and began dragging him back to the pack house.

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm being so harsh because of a harmless prank. Well let's just say I'm not in a good mood and haven't been for the past two days.
I hardly get any sleep since my dreams are plagued with images of the dead body that we discovered three days ago.

So when I was rudely awakened from a two hour nap, that I was finally able to have, you can understand why I'm terribly grumpy and am currently dragging my packs Beta by the ear.

"You wet the bed so you can remake the bed" I ordered once I let go of his ear when we stood outside Noah and I's room.
He groaned and I quickly slapped the back of his head before going downstairs, into the kitchen.

When I entered my mate turned around and held out a cup of steaming hot coffee. My scowl was replaced with a wide grin and I reached for the cup then gave him a quick peck on the lips.

I let out a happy sigh as I took a sip of the hot liquid.
"I'm guessing he poured water on you?" He asked then gestured to my body.
"Awh damn I forgot to change" I huffed as I pulled at the, now half dry shirt, "but yes, he did and now he's upstairs remaking the bed"

"Let him off a bit easy no?" Noah asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You all have to deal with my grouchy-self so I figured I'd go easy"
"You're not grouchy sweetheart"

"Like hell I'm not" I scoffed then took another sip of the coffee.
"You haven't been sleeping well. It's not like anyone can blame you" Noah sighed and he rounded the counter to stand in front of me.

"How can I sleep? I can't close my eyes without the image of the body flashing through my mind. And when I do sleep, I'm always woken up by nightmares"

"I'm sorry baby. I really wish I could do something to help"
"Don't worry about it Noah. It'll go away soon" I reassured him then reached up to cup his cheek, caressing it with my thumb.

"I need to go up to my office, come with me?" He mumbled, his head now leaning into my touch. I nodded and we both walked upstairs to his office.
I was about to go sit on the couch but he led me over to his seat and sat me on his lap.