Chapter 1

An alarm blared in a dark, spacious cabin. In fact, the same cabin where Nico Di Angelo son of Hades, lives. He tiredly shoved his face back into his pillow, not wanting to step into the nightmare called life. He really didn't want to go to the pavilion and see "Him". That boy with raven black hair and blue-green eyes that sparkled like the ocean in the sun. And...and there were those thoughts again. The thoughts that were intruders in his own mind, yet ones that he couldn't force out. 

Finally, he decided trying to go back to sleep was an impossible task. So instead he got out of bed and put on some clothes. He decided on a black button-up shirt, black jeans, and his go-to aviator jacket. Even though it was late spring, he still could feel chills spreading throughout his body as he stepped outside. Walking to the pavilion, he ignored the stares he got. He could only imagine what they thought of him. The weird and antisocial Hades boy that didn't talk to anyone and was almost never was outside of his cabin. Helping in the war obviously had not changed anything. But, what did he care? The opinions of others had never bothered him, or at least he had hidden the hurt well enough that that's what it seemed like. 

As he got his food, consisting of one pomegranate, he saw him. The amazing son of Poseidon who had saved the world multiple time and lived to tell the tales. Percy Jackson. And, the one who, no matter what, was always on Nico's mind. Sadly, Nico told himself, Percy would never think of Nico in that way. The most he'd ever think of him as is a friend. If he was lucky, maybe a good friend. If he was not lucky, which he usually wasn't, he thinks the same as everyone else thinks of Nico. 

A bump knocked Nico out of his thoughts. He fell to the floor, his plate landing somewhere beside him. Looking up, he saw the one person that he didn't want to, despite the fact that his thoughts were ruled by him. Percy. Nico immediately aimed his head down trying to hide the blush that spread over his face. 

"Ah, I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going. Here". He looked up and saw a hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy woke up to the conch horn sounding, it was time for breakfast. Quickly he got up and started to get dressed. After he got ready, he stepped out of the cabin and started towards the dining pavilion. As he walked, he thought about what his life had become. It was a few months after the war with Gaea, and everything was going pretty well. People were helping rebuild both camps, and there were not as many monster attacks, thankfully. But one thing had changed. His relationship between Annabeth and himself. 

In Tartarus, he had done unspeakable, albeit necessary, things. Annabeth, though, hadn't seemed to understand that even though he had done those things, he was never going to be evil himself. Yes, he had changed and, yes, he wasn't going to go back to being the same person before Tartarus, but, that didn't mean that he was going to hurt anyone again anytime soon. But, the more that he thought about it to himself, the more Percy saw it as a small blessing in disguise. He knew that his relationship had changed with Annabeth, and the more time that he spent analyzing his feelings, the more he realized that he just didn't feel the connection that he thought he had had with her. 

He felt myself bump into someone while thinking. Looking down, Percy saw a heap of black. So there's where Nico was. Percy hadn't seen much of Nico after the War. Not wanting to intrude on his personal time, he decided to leave him alone to do whatever he needed to do. Then he realized that it was Nico, who he had bumped into and who was now laying on the floor.

"Ah, I'm so sorry! I didn't look where I was going. Here", Percyreached out his hand, offering it to help him up. Nico didn't take his hand but got up off the floor anyways. Percy felt hurt that Nico had rejected his assistance, but he didn't let it show. 

"It's ok," Nico mumbled, wiping the dirt from off of his clothing.

"So what are you doing today? Are you going to breakfast, because if you are you can sit with us", Percy tried to start up a conversation, but all Nico did was shrug and walk away. Percy frowned but kept walking towards the table where his friends at it. Piper, Jason, Annabeth, and Leo were all laughing. 

Sadly, Hazel and Frank had to go back to New Rome, Frank being Praetor and everything, not that Percy wasn't proud of him. 

Percy went over, and sat next to Annabeth, "What's so funny?".

Annabeth kissed his cheek and he tried to not cringe on the inside. Now how was he supposed to tell Annabeth about his newly found feelings towards her?