Prologue

*EVERYTHING BELONGS TO JK ROWLING! I OWN NOTHING EXCEPT MY CHARACTERS!*

Prologue

The day I was told the truth about who I really am was probably one of the worst days of my life.

I was 12 at the time and was as happy as could be. My life was perfect. I had two loving parents and I was a witch. What more could a kid ask for?

Well, to be told the truth was one thing I had always asked for. My parents were hiding something from me. Something that would change my life forever.

I’m Rockelle Potter, and this is my story.

28 August, 1990

I stood in front of my full body mirror. The person starring back had long red hair that was so dark it looked like blood. Her hair fell straight in the middle of her back. Her emerald green eyes glisten in the shining light. The pale skin that covers her face is covered in light freckles. The girl stood about 5ft6. She wore a light blue skirt with a pastel pink shirt. She also wore pink ballet flats that she seemed to really like, for they were worn around the edges.

“Rockelle!” Called my father, Remus Lupin.

“Coming!” I called back as I pulled my red hair into a pony tail.

I took a deep breath and quickly exited my quaint room. I walked slowly down a narrow hall that consisted of pictures that hung upon the walls. The pictures were of my father’s friends that went to Hogwarts with him.

I came to the end of the hall and turned a corner and walked into my kitchen. I came face to face with my parents and an old man, which I knew to be Albus Dumbledore, who was the headmaster of Hogwarts. He came here to discuss why I hadn’t gotten my letter of acceptance yet. 

They all sat around the kitchen table so I followed their example. As soon as I sat down the adults exchanged looks and remained silent.

“So what’s this all about?” I ask

My father looked to Dumbledore and nodded as if giving him permission to speak. Dumbledore nodded back and then turned his attention to me.

“Well, Rockelle, you know that I have come to explain why you have not been accepted.” Dumbledore says with a calming edge to his voice. I nod telling him to go on.

“Well there is something that we have all neglected to tell you, for your own good.” He says this time with sympathy in his voice

I am extremely confused by what he had just told me. What could they have not told me? And how would it have been for my own good? Dumbledore looks to my father for help.

“Rockelle,” He hesitates before continuing “I am not your father. And Tonks is not your mother.” He says slowly. His eyes glisten from tears that threaten to spill out.

I don’t feel any emotion at all except for shock and confusion.

“Then who is?” I ask in a dead voice.

“James and Lily Potter” Tonks replies. The feeling of confusion and shock are replaced by anger.

“And why wasn’t I told this sooner?” I ask through my gritted teeth.

“Because we were afraid you would not be ready for the shock” Remus says.

“So you decided to feed me lies about my life instead!” I almost yell.

“Rockelle, please calm down.” Tonks says desperately.

“Calm down? Calm down? How the hell am I supposed to calm down when you just told me that my entire life has been a lie! That I have a younger brother! That my real parents are dead! You try going through this and remain calm!” I yell. “And if I’m who you claim me to be then why haven’t I gotten accepted to Hogwarts? Explain that!” I shout.

“Because next year your brother will be attending and he doesn’t even know about our world yet and we thought it would be too much if he found out about you along with everything else.” Dumbledore explains.

“So, what? He gets to be educated in magic while I sit here not doing anything, pretending that I don’t exist?!” I say.

“You won’t be doing ‘nothing’. We want you to join the Order.” Remus says.

“The Order” I ask in disbelief. Why would they want me to join the Order at such a young age?

 “Yes, Rockelle you are much more powerful than you think.” Tonks explains.

“All we need is for you to sign this, saying that you will be loyal to the order.” Dumbledore says as he pulls out a piece a parchment and a quill.

I take the parchment and quill, the parchment is covered in many other names. I even see my father and mother’s names.

“What do I have to lose?” I whisper to myself.

I dip the quill in ink and write down my name

Rockelle Potter