Chapter 7

October, 31

Rockelle’s P.o.V.

We were all gathered in the Great Hall; Beauxbatons, Durmstrang and the Hogwarts students. Today was the day that the names would be drawn.

"And now is the moment you have all been waiting for." Dumbledore announces as he unveils the Goblet of Fire. "The Beauxbatons’ champion is…" A piece of parchment flies out of the Goblet and into the hand of Dumbledore. "Fleur Delacour!" There is a small amount of applause as Fleur goes to the trophy room.

"Next for Durmstang is….Victor Krum!" This draws much greater applause than Fleur had. Krum quickly takes his place in the trophy room.

"And now the Hogwarts champion is…" There is a brief pause before the parchment flies out of the goblet "Rockelle Potter!" Once again there is deafening applause. I slowly stand and can’t help but smile. How could I have worried so much a couple days ago yet be so happy now? I shake Dumbledore’s hand and head off to the Trophy room.

Fleur, Krum, and I stand there in silence as we wait for the teachers to come down. Soon, there is a loud ruckus coming from the stairs. I quickly look over and see Harry walking down the stairs followed by many teachers.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet?" Dumbledore interrogates him as he pushes Harry against a wall

"No, sir" Harry replies.

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No, sir"

"Are absolutely sure" Dumbledore asks one last time.

"Yes sir"

"Well of course he is lying." The headmistress of Beauxbatons insists.

"I doubt it. The Goblet of Fire is a powerful object. Only an exceptional powerful Confundus Charm could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the power of a 4thyear" Moody retorts.

"Barty, is there any way around this?" Dumbledore pleads.

"I’m afraid not, as of tonight Mr. Potter is and shall be a Tri-Wizard champion." says the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. All of the Professor’s look at Harry with overwhelming concern on their faces.

Later that evening I was summoned to the Headmaster’s office. I walk up the stairs of his office and entered.

"You wanted to see me, Professor Dumbledore?" I ask as I walk in. I notice that Professor McGonagall, Mad-eye Moody, and Snape stand with the Headmaster.

"Yes Rockelle. I wanted to discuss the events that happened this evening and what to do about it."Dumbledore explains.

"What to do? Don’t let him compete!" McGonagall pleads.