1- I Like My Body

The only time in my life that I've felt in love is when I'm with Marcus

The only time in my life that I've felt in love is when I'm with Marcus. I love the way that he says my name, the way that he laughs at my jokes. I love the way that he buys me dinner at my favorite restaurant every month. I do not love him and he does not love me but whenever I'm with him, I feel in love.

There's a difference between feeling it and actually having it. I don't love him because I only feel in love with him when I'm physically with him. On dates, in bed, talking to him. But the second that he's gone, it's like he was never even there.

He's handsome but a little bit older than me. He likes to drink scotch with his steak and he talks about business. He's tall, he's got a bright smile and a rounded nose, his eyes are a dark brown surrounded by very noticeable crow's feet. He's very rich and he loves to show that off with his fancy suits, expensive watches and cars, and the way that he commands every space that he's in.

"Samantha," He uses my whole name, which nobody ever does, and that is something else that I love about him. "You look absolutely incredible tonight."

I offer him a flirty smile and sip on my martini. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"How's your brother?" He starts with small talk as he sips on his first glass of scotch. It's a routine for us by now so I know that in total, he'll have three glasses during dinner and one after. "About to start high school, if I remember?"

"He is," I confirm with a nod. "He's nervous but excited. And very moody, which I assume is how all fourteen-year-old boys are."

"That's very true," Marcus agrees with me. He looks at his phone because although this is Saturday night, he does have a business to run and always needs to check his phone. "I was definitely a little trouble-maker when I was fourteen."

"Oh, god, I do not want to know what you were up to when you were fourteen," I laugh and cringe at the same time. "I'm already paranoid enough about what he's going to be getting into, I have a feeling that you would make that so much worse."

"You're probably right," He lets out a deep chuckle that shakes his whole, broad chest. "I won't say a thing. And I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about, he's a good kid."

"Yeah, he is," I nod. "And how's Melony?"

Marcus laughs a deep laugh and flashes his white teeth. "I still can't believe you remember my daughter's name, every time."

I take another drink of my martini and then say, "You're my favorite, Marcus. Always have been." And that's why I remember everything about him, all of the stories that he's told me over the time that we've known each other. His daughter's name is Melony, his ex-wife's name is Sandra. I remember that Sandra has custody of Melony on weekdays but she comes to his place on weekends. It was an amicable divorce five years ago because they were too engulfed in their work to have time for each other.