4- Evening Star

Micah has his own car

Micah has his own car. It takes him a solid five to ten minutes to convince me to get into the car with him but eventually, I give in because I do have my pepper spray if he tries to kidnap me or something. He is charming, but so was Ted Bundy.

True to his word though, he does not try to murder me on the way to the Columbia Room which is an incredibly high end, exclusive cocktail bar. I've been here a few times with some clients but never on my own. It's a really nice place and once we're inside, Micah immediately gets us a small booth to the side of the bar.

I know that I shouldn't be here but I keep justifying it by asking myself what would I be doing instead? Sitting at that bar, waiting for it to be late enough for me to go back home. I can't go back home when Casey is still awake; I'd have to explain why I'm so dressed up coming home from my job at the factory. And Micah, like I said, is very charming and attractive and he seems like a good time. I don't know the last time that I've been out in the city just to have a good time. I have a few friends that I hang out with sometimes but our schedules rarely mesh well so it's rare that I ever see them.

It's been even longer than that since I've hung out with a guy who wasn't paying me to hang out with him. It feels kind of strange but in a good way. When they're paying me, I feel like they have expectations that I need to meet. I need to be calm and sexy and quiet because they pay me to listen to them. I have to look nice at every second and I have to cater to their feelings. But with Micah, I don't owe him a show. I don't have to look sexy, I don't have to ask him about his life without talking about my own.

There's no expectations with him because he's not a client, he's just a random stranger that I'm vaguely flirting with. But, in my defense, he started the vague flirting, I just went along with it because it's fun. And, I have mentioned that he's very pretty.

When the waitress comes to our table to ask us what we're drinking, Micah orders first and gets some sort of expensive whiskey.

"Go ahead and get what you want, it's on me," Micah tells me before I can answer. Paying for my drinks is sweet and he doesn't seem like he's doing it to get into my pants, so I don't object.

"Alright. I'll have a sapphire martini then. Thank you," I tell the waitress before she leaves the table.

"So you've been here before?" He wonders curiously, seemingly surprised that I knew exactly what I wanted.

"Just a few times," I shrug. I wonder how long it will take him to realize that I'm an escort and also when he realizes, what his reaction will be. I think that it's becoming pretty obvious but he hasn't said anything yet. "You come here a lot?"

"No," He shakes his head at me. "Only when I'm trying to impress somebody."

"And that person would be me? Well, I'm flattered. And very impressed," I assure him with a small laugh. My dark hair falls into my face when I laugh so I tuck a few wavy strands behind my ear.