18- Exist

Micah takes me on a date the next day

Neither one of us have any other plans for the entire Sunday so he picks me up at one to go to lunch and then from there, I'm not sure what we're doing. I wasn't aware that we were going on a date today, I thought that we were just hanging out so this is a pleasant surprise. It's been a while since I've been on a real date and that I've gotten to wear casual clothes on a date.

I'm wearing skinny jeans and black ankle booties with barely any heel. My shirt is a cropped blouse with wide cold shoulders so it's kind of sexy but also casual and then a leather jacket to stay warm. I look really cute but I don't look overdone.

He takes me to a cute little deli for lunch and they have the best fries so I get a BLT with a side of fries and a chocolate milkshake. Micah orders a turkey club and a Pepsi with no ice. I can't stop looking into his eyes because they're so beautiful and he looks so happy right now. He's smiling a lot; he has a really beautiful smile. But I can't stop looking into his eyes.

"How are your classes going?" I ask him as I dip a fry in ketchup and then pop it into my mouth.

"Tough," He sighs. "But that's expected, you know, it's law school. I feel like by the end of this year, I'll have read an entire library of books. My property law class is as painful as stabbing myself in the asshole with a serrated knife."

His analogy makes me snort with laughter which is a bit embarrassing so I pretend to cough to cover it up. "That sounds pretty painful then. If you don't like it, why are you taking it?"

"Well, I don't really get to pick which classes I take so I'm stuck for now. But next year, I'll get to choose more classes for my specialization."

"What's your specialization?" I ask him.

"Business law. More specifically, small business. I know this all sounds really boring, are you sure that you want to sit here and listen to me talk about law school?" He looks skeptical about how interested I really am in this conversation. But I really am interested in it because I want to know about him. Everything about him. And what he's studying, what he wants to study, that says a lot about him. Clearly, if he's going to school for it, he's passionate about it so it says a lot about him too. Then again, I love his voice so much that I would hang on his every word no matter what he was saying.

"Yes, I'm really interested. It's not boring, I promise. So what's small business law? You're talking to somebody who dropped out of high school, I'll remind you."

"It's pretty much helping people create a business, making sure that they are doing everything legally. It deals with stuff like tax classifications, how to hire employees, proper zoning and licensing, stuff like that," He explains to me. "It's kind of hard to make friends there because the classes are graded competitively, so if you do better than your classmates, your grade will get better. It's brutal in there."

"But you really like what you're doing?" I wonder curiously.

"Yeah, I really like it," He confirms with a nod.