22- No, Don't

"I basically had to go buy an entirely new wardrobe because of you," I inform Micah over the phone on Wednesday night

"Why did you do that?" He questions. I have the phone on speaker so his voice echoes through my small bathroom.

"This job at your dad's office. I'm starting on Monday and I didn't have any business-y clothes. I spent hours at the mall, searching bargain bins for blazers and dress pants," I explain as I'm working on perfecting the wing of my eyeliner over top of my bathroom sink. Tonight is the night of the Hudson business party and I have to be at the hotel in an hour.

"I'm sorry," He jokingly apologizes. "I'm excited for you to start work there though, we'll see each other almost every day instead of just on weekends."

"I know, it'll be really great," I agree with him, just smiling a bit to myself at the thought of being able to see Micah so often. "I'm excited too. And now, I have a crap load of professional clothes so I'm going to look like a million bucks."

"You already look like a million bucks," He promises me. "Did you get any pencil skirts?"

"I got one. Why?"

"No reason," Micah insists. "I'm just thinking that you'd look like maybe a billion bucks if you were wearing a pencil skirt."

"You think so?" I wonder, smiling again at how freaking adorable he is. I try not thinking about the fact that in just an hour, I will be in a hotel room probably giving a lot of very rich men some very sleazy dances.

"Definitely," He confirms. "You know, it sucks that you have to work tonight. I don't have any early classes tomorrow. I could probably be able to spare some time to come see you."

"It's for the best," I say to him while I finish up my eye makeup and choose a lipstick. My eyes aren't very bold so I go with a bright red lipstick. First, I apply the lip liner and then twist out the tube of lipstick. "You probably have some studying to do anyway."

"Yeah," Micah sighs. "I'd rather be with you though."

"Trust me. I'd rather be with you instead of working too," I tell him honestly. Before we got together, I didn't mind my work and I sometimes even enjoyed it. But now, I just feel disgusting and guilty all of the time. And paranoid, worried that he's going to find out that I'm an escort and then he'll break up with me, hate me. He definitely won't be thinking that I'm a million-dollar girl anymore.

"Can you call in sick?" He offers.

"I can't afford it," I say to him. "But I'll see you this weekend, and then on Monday. We can make it just a few more days without seeing each other."

"I know that we can, I just don't want to," He explains.

"You're sounding especially sappy tonight," I notice with amusement. "I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying the sap, it's just really adorable."