17- Macbeth

I haven't dated anybody in a long time

I haven't dated anybody in a long time. It was before I started escorting when I broke up with my last boyfriend. It's a pretty simple idea though, I just spend time with him, kiss him, and only sleep with him (outside of business hours). And I'm excited about the idea of dating Micah because he's so kind and he's easy to talk to.

Honestly, I could sit here all day just listing all of the things that I like about him but it's Saturday and I have a very busy day. This morning, I picked up the employee documents for Bethany at the social work office but they're closed today so I'll have to stop by on Monday to give her those.

For the rest of the day, I have to go to the gym, get some grocery shopping done, and I have a client tonight. I'm hanging out with Micah tomorrow and I should squeeze in a call to Casey because I haven't talked to him in a while. I guess that's a good thing because it probably means that he's adjusting well to his new school.

I'm arriving to the gym in my sports bra, athletic leggings, and a jacket when my phone starts ringing in my bag. I pick up the phone to answer it as I'm walking into the locker room and on the screen, there's an unknown number. Curious, I answer the phone.

"An inmate from the DC Central Detention Facility is calling you. If you agree to the charges that may apply to this call, please press one," An automated voice starts talking as I'm putting the phone up to my ear. I immediately know that it's Davis who's calling me because I don't know who else would be calling me from jail. I know that I shouldn't accept the call but if I don't, I'm going to be wondering for the rest of the day why he's calling me.

So I push one, knowing that it's a bad idea, and I wait for the automation to transfer over to the caller.

"Hello, Eleanor," Just as I knew it would be, it's Davis on the other end.

"What do you want?" I get all of my things in a locker and then sit down on a bench near that locker to finish this conversation.

"That was a bold move, what you did," He informs me without really answering my question. "Framing me with the drugs? I didn't think you'd be so creative but I'm impressed."

"I'm hanging up," I warn him.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that you're not getting away with this so easily. I know that you don't think that I can do any damage from in here but we've both underestimated each other," He continues. "If you want to play hard ball then game on, bitch."

"You don't scare me," I promise the Davis, more annoyed than anything that he's calling me and trying to threaten me. He's in jail and I'm sure that he doesn't have much of a case so I'm pretty hopeful that he'll be in there for a while. "You're just too pathetic and stupid to leave things alone and maybe you should realize by now that I'm not going to let you get away with treating other people like pawns in whatever game you think that you're playing. It's game over and I have things to do."