13- The Lioness

I have to sneak out of the apartment on Monday night because I told Josie that I have to work

I have to sneak out of the apartment on Monday night because I told Josie that I have to work. Which isn't a lie but it's hard to explain to her why I am going to work at a factory in a tight dress and heels. So I wear a t-shirt and jeans out of the house and then I go down to the lobby of the apartment complex.

There's a small, dirty bathroom down there that I lock myself in and get dressed in a tight red lacy dress that's very short but there's not much cleavage and the sleeves go to my elbows. So it's not my trashiest dress but it's not the classiest either. I wear my pair of black stilettos and add some makeup to my face.

Leaving the apartment, I put on my primer and neutral colors so that it looked natural but now that I'm away from Josie, I put on some dark red lipstick and I wink my eyeliner. I have a busy night tonight so I have to make sure that I look my best.

It's pretty unusual for me to have two clients in one night but tonight, I do. The first man doesn't want sex though, he just wants to have dinner. He needs somebody to talk to, I guess. The second man just wants a quick fuck so the plan is that I'll go to dinner with the first man, I'll let him tell me all of his secrets, and then I'll go hook up with the second one afterward.

I know the receptionist in the lobby of the building so she lets me keep my bag of clothes behind the desk that I can pick up on my way back in so that I can get dressed in the jeans before I go back up to the apartment. Even though Josie might already be asleep by then, I'm not sure because of the nightmares. She's insisted that she'll be fine alone until I get back so I'm hoping that she's right. Things have been easier for her ever since Davis was arrested.

Once I'm ready to go, I put my makeup and cell phone in my clutch where I have to stuff it all in there next to the spare condoms and pepper spray.

The restaurant that I'm meeting the first man at is a nice restaurant that's just about a five-minute train ride downtown. So I get on the train and I head for the restaurant. I arrive right on time and I ask for the table of Dr. Blates who is the man that I'm meeting tonight. I've met with him two times before within the past few months but he's not a regular of mine. As far as I know, he just takes the girl who's free when he's free so he's not picky.

The waitress takes me to the table but the old doctor isn't there yet so I take my phone out just to check on Josie. There's no new texts so I take that as a good sign. But then I find myself staring at the screen, hoping that a text will pop up. Not from Josie but from Micah.

It's only been two days since I broke things off with him and he hasn't tried to talk to me since. Which I honestly wasn't expecting. He seems so stubborn and persistent that I was kind of expecting him to call me at least once or maybe text me and ask me to reconsider.

I haven't known him very long but I already miss having him around. He's a lot of fun and he's cute and he seemed like he cared about me. Or at least like he wanted to care about me. I don't think that he knows me well enough to actually care about me. But if I gave him more time, maybe he would have.