20- The Magic Moment

It's been a full week since I've seen Micah in person but it feels like it's been a century

It's been a full week since I've seen Micah in person but it feels like it's been a century. I can't wait to see him today. We had so much fun at the garden last week, I'm not sure what we're going to do today but I'm excited to see where we end up. I can't wait to just tell him about my week, and for him to tell me about his.

He's picking me up soon to go get lunch but I hope that he isn't planning on going somewhere nice because I haven't dressed up today. I always want to impress him but I'm kind of tired of dressing up. I have to dress up when I go meet my clients and it's just so much work that I like to keep it simple when I'm on my own time.

I'm wearing jean capris with a chunky gray sweater and I just threw on my Nikes with my short shoulder-length hair pulled up into a stubby pony tail. I put on some foundation and mascara so I look like I tried a little bit but not really.

In my defense, I don't think that Micah put on any makeup at all to impress me so I don't feel too bad about leaving out the eyeliner or not shaping my eyebrows.

When there's a knock at the door, my heart almost leaps out of my chest. I don't know why I'm so nervous about seeing Micah but there's always just a little bit of nerves when we are together. It's new to me because nobody has ever made me as nervous as he makes me.

I swing the door open and he's standing there looking as tall and handsome as ever. His dark hair casing his face that is spreading with a wide smile as I open the door between us.

"Hey," I greet him before I notice that he's holding a small bouquet of flowers in his hand. "What are those?" I ask him dumbly.

"They're flowers. For you," He pushes them toward me and then once I take them, he walks into the apartment. "I know that they're cheesy but I just figured 'why not' so I hope that you like them."

I sniff them as an old man's voice is running through my head about what it means when somebody buys you flowers. 'When somebody buys you flowers, it means that they're in love with you' Dr. Blates had said when we were at dinner together. "They're beautiful. Thank you," I mutter before I head into the kitchen area to get a glass cup to put the flowers in with some water.

"I picked up Chipotle on the way here, I hope that's okay," He adds, holding up a brown paper bag.

"Chipotle is always okay," I say with a small laugh. "That sounds so good right now. Are we just staying in today then?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind," He confirms. We pull out the two aluminum trays from the paper bag and head over to the couch. Considering I didn't put too much work into my looks today, I'm definitely okay with just staying in the apartment today. That also means that we can be as cuddly and touchy as we want to be all day. And because it's Saturday, he'll probably be spending the night.

"I don't mind," I assure him. Sitting on the couch, I dig into my bowl. "So how was your week?"

"It was fine. I had an exam on Friday that I'm not feeling great about," He tells me. "What about yours?"