21- Wait

A phone ringing in my ear wakes me up the next morning

A phone ringing in my ear wakes me up the next morning. I don't even open my eyes or raise my head off of Micah's bare chest as I reach over to the nightstand and grab my phone before answering it.

"Hello?" I mumble groggily into the phone.

"Please tell me that you're not busy on Wednesday," Ashe greets me on the other end. She's another escort at the service, one of my closest friends, and she's been away with a client for a long time now.

"Are you back?" I ask her.

"I am back," She confirms. "So Wednesday?"

"Um, yeah, I'm free," I mutter, still not getting up from Micah's chest mostly because I'm just too tired to move. "Do you have something?"

"As a matter of fact, I do," She chimes, sounding very awake and very excited about whatever it is that she has planned for Wednesday. "A bunch of the head honchos from Hudson are coming into town and they've decided to throw a party. And what sceevy businessmen party is complete without a few very well-paid hookers?"

"That sounds good," I tell her, glancing up at Micah. He's still asleep and I'm sure that even if he wasn't, he wouldn't be able to hear what Ashe is saying. Still, I manage to get up and head down the hallway into the bathroom just in case he was able to hear the conversation. "What time?"

"I'll text you the details later," She says. "Do you want to go shopping tomorrow? Pick out something super sexy and new for these pervs?"

"I can't go shopping right now, I've got to save my money right now," I tell her apologetically.

"Let me buy you something then," She suggests. "I can't go shopping if I don't have anybody to go shopping with, there's no fun in that."

"Alright, sure, I can go shopping with you tomorrow. We have a lot to catch up on, you were gone forever," I inform her.

"Oh, honey, I know," Ashe sighs. "Anyway, just look out for my text about Wednesday. We are going to be making bank. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," I confirm before we say goodbye and hang up.

I like working the parties mostly because it rarely ever involves actually having sex with anybody. They just like something pretty to look at while they get drunk or high or both. They like to touch, they like to shove money into our bras like we're strippers, but they usually pass out before they can get their dick hard enough to stick anywhere. We're basically getting paid to be glorified strippers. The only difference is that we're way more expensive and if they get especially touchy, they can play with our tits.

We charge by the head, so it depends on how many people are in the room and usually, there are a lot. Which means that it's easy money and something that I sorely need right now. I'm confident that none of these men know Davis because Hudson is a company from out west and they just visit the city for meetings and conventions sometimes. It's a safe gig.