36- Stuff I Probably Did and Didn't

I probably didn't tell you that the last
Line of your poem left me on a plane of
Movement somewhere between the best of pop
Culture and the longest break in your favorite pop song

- Stephanie Gray, Stuff I Probably Did and Didn't

On Saturday, Micah and I are nineteen hours into our forty-eight hours together cooped up in my apartment. Our solitude is interrupted, though, on this nineteenth hour while Micah has decided to take a shower and there is a knock on my front door.

Before waiting for an answer, the door swings open and I'm greeted by Ashe walking into the apartment. I'm practically naked under the covers of my bed, but when she comes in I sit up and keep the blankets covering my chest. "What's going on?" I ask her curiously.

"I could ask you the same thing. It's practically noon and you're still in bed? Are you plummeting?" She asks me, walking over to the bed.

"No, I'm resting," I correct her. "Micah is in the shower."

"Oh, so you're back together. I didn't get the memo," She gives me a hard look but it's fleeting and she is already moving on. "Anyway, I have some news. Maybe not the greatest news for you though, now that I have this new information."

"What is it?"

The bathroom door opens before Ashe can say anything, and then Micah is entering the living room wearing his plaid sweat pants and nothing else. His chest is still a bit glisten-y from his shower and his hair is still wet.

"Ashe, this is Micah," I introduce them. "And Micah, this is my friend, Ashe."

"Hello," She waves at Micah and then turns to me and gives me a subtle thumbs up. "May I speak freely?"

"Please do," I nod and then I get up from the bed to put some clothes on. I'm only wearing a pair of panties right now, so when I get up from the bed and let my boobs out in the open, Micah seems shocked. They've both seen me naked before though, and I'm not bothered by it. I grab Micah's shirt from the floor and slide it on before he has a conniption.

Ashe doesn't notice any of this going on as she begins to speak. "There's a big gathering in New York and I'm talking the Warren Buffets, the Elon Musks of the world. It's going to be huge. And everybody knows that D.C. has the best entertainment, so they're outsourcing. They told Jill to choose her five best girls and we made the cut."

"I got fired," I remind her. Micah sits down beside me on the bed.

"Yeah, I know. Jill said that since it's out of state, she'll let you in on just this one job. That's just how good you are. I told you that she'd be begging to have you back, she's going to miss out on some serious bucks without you around. These guys are billionaires, Eleanor. Who knows what kind of cash they're willing to spend when they start getting their jollys off. It's when a man is at his most vulnerable," She explains to me, obviously very excited about this party. She then glances over at Micah and then back to me and says, "This news was a lot more exciting before I knew that Romeo reclaimed his thrown."

"Romeo never had a thrown," I mumble.

"Not the point. I feel like I already know the answer before I've even gotten to the question," She looks very disappointed. "But, are you in?"

"No," I say with a short laugh and then I rest my head on Micah's shoulder. He hasn't said anything this entire time- I hope that she hasn't ruined his mood too much by bringing up my very recent escorting past. "But you have fun. Thanks for the offer."

"Maybe one of them will fall in love with me," She sighs dreamily. "I could live in New York City. They've got nice stores there, I could shop until I literally drop dead. Anyway, I will go now. You two are clearly having some sort of weird two-person sex party or whatever."