Chapter 24: Alix Slade

Alix Slade was a force to be reckon with. She stood in front of the trio with her hand on her rounded hip, her scarlet painted nails, biting into her skinny jeans. Luna vaguely remembered her mother mentioning that she was the most talented psychic of their generation and she was only fifteen! But, standing in front of her, Luna did not see a teenager. Teenagers were supposed to be awkward and insecure, they were supposed to have zits and gangly bodies. They were not supposed to have the body of Kate Moss and the black rimmed eyes of a succubus.

"I have missed you so much," The gorgeous redhead nearly gave Luna a heart attack as she pulled Twyla into a hug. It looked so unnatural to see Twyla giving a human being a sign of affection. She had only seen her act that tenderly to her bike.

They pulled apart, sharing a small but sat smile. "If only we could meeting up again on better terms," said Alix.

Luna managed to catch a wisp of sadness in her aura before she suppressed it deeply within her. The small smile, grew into a large, nearly predatory grin as her eyes jumped over Will's figure, landing on Luna. Heat rushed to Luna's cheeks as the younger girl unabashedly stared at her figure before raising her emerald stare to meet Luna's.

"Visions don't do you justice, Luna Goodwin." If possible, Luna's face became even hotter as Alix encased her hands with hers, and pressed a chaste kiss on her knuckles. Just as Alix's lips brushed against her hand, she felt her body stiffen and the world spin out of focus.

Lying on her bed, clutching her pillow tightly to her chest, Luna Goodwin stared dully out her window as tears slipped from her eyes. She had withdrawn so far into the caverns of her mind, she didn't even notice when her bedroom door opened, nor did she notice the soft, pleading voice. Vaguely, she registered that someone was sitting on her bed and holding her hands, but she didn't care enough to see who. She didn't care about anything.

"Luna, baby," A kiss was planted on her forehead, and then on both her cheeks.

"I-It hurts," A sob erupted from her lips. "Make it stop, Alix."

She whimpered once more as Alix stood up and released her hand. Luna's heart ached, she felt so alone, and so absolutely devastated. She needed Alix more than anything in the world and the loss of contact was like a fresh wound on her tattered heart.

"Shh," Alix pulled the blanket back, and slipped into Luna's bed, holding their bodies close. "I'm here. I will never leave you."

The warmth of the younger girl's arms seeped into Luna's skin, bringing an ounce of comfort to her. Minutes passed by and neither one moved, they were simply content in basking in one another's presence. Once Luna felt a piece of strength return, she shifted and turned around to face Alix. Their eyes locked, and Luna allowed herself to be lost in the emerald forest of Alix's eyes. Her eyes fluttered close, in a drowsy state of mind, and the last thing Luna remembered was the feeling of an angel's lips against hers. She fell into a deep slumber for the first time in a week.

"Wha-" Luna jumped back and cradled her hands close to her chest.

A smirk crawled onto Alix's lips. She didn't seem to have a clue about the vision Luna had just seen, or at least she hoped she hadn't- it was nothing to smirk about. "It's nice to finally meet you," Alix's voice softened upon seeing the frightened look in Luna's doe-like eyes.

"And you," her tone was flat as she glanced at Will.

Will didn't even spare her a glance, he was too busy gaping at his girlfriend. "What is going on?" He asked.

"I don't care," Twyla grabbed Alix by the arm and pulled her away from Luna. "Is there somewhere-" She gestured to the bustling city, "less crowded we can go to talk?"