Chapter 35: Past Demons

Twyla awoke before her younger twin did, the situation slowly being assessed through her hard, steel eyes. Luna was slumped on the cold marble floor, her face resting on her folded arms. Surrounding them were silver, bars that connected together to create a bell-shaped cage. Through the tarnished restraints, two of scarlet eyes met Twyla's silver pair.

"You Monster," Twyla growled. She held onto the bars, and pulled herself onto her feet.

Xavier sat regally and poised as he studied the twins in his trap. He had swapped his rogue biker attire for more elegant apparel, more fitting for his extravagant dwelling. He wore a fitted black suit, with gleaming, ruby cufflinks, and a red ascot resting tucked beneath his collared shirt.

"Glad you've finally woken up," Xavier purred, flashing her grin filled with teeth as sharp as knives. Twyla swallowed uncomfortably, noticing the obvious threat and took a step back from the bars. The smile lingered as Xavier watched with knowing eyes as Twyla tried and failed to use her powers. She stared right into his eyes, balling her hands into fists and tried to make his head implode but to know unveil his skull remained intact.

"Twyla?" Luna moans, reaching for her throat. Her timid fingers desperately tried to find the source of pain, in an attempt to mend it. Twyla leapt to help Luna in any way possible but stopped suddenly as Xavier grabbed her arms between the bars, her wrists turning pink as he applied a brutal pressure.

"You did this," Xavier spits, his teeth grind with each word and squeezes Twyla's wrist to the point pain rips through her arm. Her screams give a sweet acoustic to the deserted throne room, his face begins to lift with the same manic features in the crypt.

"Let her go! She's done nothing wrong!" Luna screamed. Xavier acknowledged Luna for a brief second before twisting Twyla's arm another ten degrees. Twyla screamed and Luna's eyes went wide as she watched her sister's bone take the shape of a piece of scrap metal.

"She was the one to cursed me into..." Xavier stopped mid-sentence and dropped Twyla's wrists. The back of his luxury suit greeted both of the twins as a he spun around. Running his fingers through his dark, tousled locks, Xavier took a deep breath and calmed his shaking form.

Luna and Twyla exchange a worried look towards Twyla's arm, the misshapen appendage causing extreme amounts of pain. The only thing holding back Twyla's screams was the fact that they needed information from him first. An escape plan was already forming in Twyla's mind. Luna caught images of explosions and blood in Twyla's mind and had to stop herself from beneath rolling her eyes.

One shake of the Luna's head made the plan disappear in an instant, the main goal was to find out where their family and get out. She didn't want to waste her time with Twyla's glorified fantasies of revenge.

"Let me take you back to a time, long long ago. So long ago, the Americas were simply myths and Europe was just beginning to form. During such a dark, twisted time there was a very, ambitious young man," Xavier's form appeared on the throne, situated in the center of the room, which faced a pair of tall, eighteenth century, stain-glass windows.

Luna only knew this due to the project in her art history class, they spent a whole miserable unit memorizing different types architecture through the ages. Her heart constricted in her chest when she remembered how painstakingly boring that class had been, Mr. Schwab had been her teacher, a man entering his later sixties who looked to be the love child of Bob Ross and Bill Nye. Will liked to call him Mr. Snob because he always critiqued Will's love for food. It was then, as her mind was venturing down the unwanted path of what was before all of this, Luna came to the startlingly realization that she had no idea where Will or Alix were. Those thoughts, however, quieted as her eyes locked onto Xavier.