Chapter 26: You Owe Me

"Why am I the only one in a mini skirt?" Luna yanked the leather fabric down for the third time that night, as they waited in line.

After ten minutes of arguing, Alix managed to wrestle her into a midnight blue, lace corset and a mini skirt. She was having a difficulty breathing and there was a cool draft that went up her backside, causing her to wince at the intrusion. Nothing, however, was worse than the black stiletto boots that were currently cutting off all circulation in her toes. She begged and pleaded for the redhead to let her wear something simple like Will's black shirt and jeans combo but Alix refused, claiming that beauty was pain. Her whining only increased when she noticed that Alix was not forcing Xavier or Twyla to change.

"You are going to be our ticket in," Alix smacked Luna's hands away from the skirt.

"You're using me to bait the bouncer!" Luna crossed her arms over her chest but it only accentuated her cleavage even more.

"You don't have to do this Luna, she can't make you." Will glared at Alix. The change of clothing did little to make Will appear to appear like the Abercrombie and fitch models that stood in the line behind them, instead he looked more like an angsty teenager who was going through his scene faze. Alix had assured him, as they left the house, that the outfit looked much nicer on her brother.

"Actually, she does. We need to get into this club tonight- Kaitlyn Delphi is supposed to be here. She's Nicolai Delphi's granddaughter, the leader of the Delphi. She despises the group and her grandfather but she's our only ticket to the book and she's inside and we can't get to her unless we are also inside. Do you see where I'm going with this, loverboy?" Alix's lips twisted into a smile that was too sweet to be real

A few heads turned in their direction as Alix finished her little rant but she didn't seem the least bit worried about being exposed. Meeting their nosy stares, she gave the onlookers a bone chilling glare before brushing her hair off of her shoulder like it was a piece of lint. Luna watched the whole interaction with her mouth slightly ajar. She had never met anyone so young who possessed that amount of power. It wasn't even the magical power that she possessed, it was the fear factor that she seemed to hold- making everyone, even the giant vampire- Xavier- cower in her presence.

"I really don't see why you can't talk to the bouncer, Alix," Twyla picked at her nails. She stood beside Xavier, bearing an expression that only existed after doing something dreadfully boring like watching paint dry. "It's not like you haven't done this before."

Though Luna knew Twyla wasn't incapable of having emotions, she did know her sister didn't care if she were to be demeaned by her psychic best friend- the past afternoon was proof enough. Glancing at her sister, Luna noticed the man who loomed close behind, his eyes following her every move. Xavier noticed Luna's staring and met her eyes, he offered her a quick smile that was more sympathetic than kind and then looked back at Twyla. It was as if there was a gravitational pull that kept his eyes glued to her. Well- that was an interesting development, thought Luna.

A long, dramatic sigh came from Alix as she raked her fingers through her auburn locks. "That's not how things played out in my vision and I'd prefer to not anger your cousins."

"Cousins?" Luna balked, her face contorted- embling the likeliness of a cartoon character, whereas Twyla merely raised a brow. She didn't even bother to look away from her hand.

Alix spoke from the side of her mouth as she quietly explained. "The moon goddesses cousins- the fates."

The blaring base filtered out from the club, shaking even the pavement under their feet. If not for Luna's developing ability to read minds, she probably wouldn't have heard what Alix had said. Normally, it was a rather annoying curse, especially when it started to work spontaneously but Luna had the strange inkling she was going to need it tonight. The odd, mind-numbing static that usually filled her head began to clear and then, it was like a damn had been knocked down as streams of incoherent thoughts filled her head. Clenching her teeth together, she fisted her hands by her sides and tried to push the invasive thoughts out of her brain.