Part 18

"Are you sure we should do this right now? I mean, with everything going on..." Reign sighed referencing Masato's stabbing. "It just seems like it can wait."

"Masato's fine, he barely even cares about it anymore." It had only been a day since, but Masato was back to his regular self. "Plus, we have to come out to your dad at some point or another, might as well do it now."

"I'm just nervous, what if he reacts badly?" Reign worried deeply within herself, she had never talked about feelings or super personal stuff with her dad, it was always her mom.

"It'll be okay, trust me." Michiko grabbed her hands as they sat on her bed, facing each other.

"I always trust you." Reign weakly smiled, still extremely worried.

"We'll invite your parents over for dinner tonight and then when the time is right we'll tell him. Sound good?"

"As good as it can be I guess."

"Everything will be fine, then we won't have to pretend anymore." Michiko smiled, happily imagining their relationship not being a secret.

"Okay. Let's do this. I'll go tell my parents." Reign said as she slowly built some confidence towards the situation.

"Alrighty, me too. Gotta let my parents know we gotta make just a bit more extra food." Michiko giggled.

"Okay, I'll be back later with my parents." Reign stood up to leave the room, before she left she placed a kiss on Michiko's cheek causing her to turn fire truck red.

"O-okay. See you then." Michiko stuttered. Reign left the room then leaving the house to head back to her own.

Michiko stood up with a huff and marched down the stairs to the living room where he parents were. "Hey, can we invite Reign and her family over for dinner tonight? Her dad is the only one who doesn't know about us and we thought this would be the best way to go about it."

"Yeah honey, sounds fine." Lucy answered.

"Why didn't I get a special dinner when you told me?" Natsu pouted as Lucy playfully punched him in the arm.

"Just pretend like you don't know either and act like this dinner is for you too." Michiko laughed as she happily messaged Reign saying her parents were on board.

Natsu shrugged his shoulders accepting the suggestion. "Reign said they'll be over in 2 hours." Michiko told them. It was only 4:30, so they wouldn't be around until 6:30.

Lucy pat Natsu's leg as she began to stand up, "Lets get cookin'." With that they headed into the kitchen to begin making dinner.

"Michiko, can you go get your brother from upstairs?" Natsu asked as it had struck 6:20, almost time for the Fullbuster's to arrive.

Michiko did as her father told her and as they came down the stairs, the doorbell rang.

'Oh boy' Michiko internally panicked as she went to go open the door. "Hi!" She greeted the family with a smile as she let them in.

"Thank you for having us." Juvia smiled.

Lucy slightly laughed as she walked over to where they came in from, "We've known eachother and been close friends for 20 years yet you're still always so formal."

"Just being nice." Juvia shrugged, laughing along with Lucy.

"Well the foods ready if you guys wanna sit at the table." Lucy told them as she smiled.

"Smells good." Gray mentioned as they began going into the dinning room.

"It's chicken parm." Natsu told him, walking out of the kitchen to greet everyone.