Fluttering Cards

It was another dark and very dreary time, especially on top of a tall floating mountain where the moon was always full and a bright red. There was inside a building, three forms: A troll, A witch and A wolf. The witch was small and wore a green cloak with a cowl she was currently mumbling and cursing. The troll was red with poofy brown hair and was currently watching a show on his grandmother's TV.

"Shut that thing OFF!! I can't hear myself complain and wallow in misery!!!" She yelled angrily at the troll.

The wolf snickered as the troll retorted.

"Well I turned it on so I wouldn't have Ta hear ya!"

"Just keep it down will ya!?! " She barked. "And where were you today!?! Rascal had something important to tell us!" She yelled, turning to the wolf.

The wolf grinned mischievously.

"I was getting a snack." He licked his lips and walked to the other side of the room.

"Did ya catch it?" Brute looked at him curiously.

The wolf chuckled in satisfaction.

"I hope you caught that obnoxious blue haired twit! She deserves whatever foul things we can think of. In fact... I better work on my newest invention." She called out in delight.

The wolf turned around to face them. "What?!" He growled.

"What do you mean 'What?' Did I not speak clearly?" She looked at him curiously.

He shook his head and mumbled as he walked out the door. The troll raised one busy eyebrow at the witch, as the wolf walked back in, a curious look on his face.

"What... what... did Rascal want?" He said somewhat nervously.

The witch smirked mischievously and wagged her index finger mockingly.

"That's for us to know and you to find out. After all, you were too preoccupied to heed his call wolf." She cackled.

He scowled and began stalking towards the witch, growling, eyes narrowed, claws readied. The troll turned from the TV and watched, gleefully chanting.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight!"

"It's your own fault for missing the meeting! You were probably wasting time chasing your own tail!" She yelled angrily.

"Besides, why don't you ask him yourself?" She smiled mischievously and stood her ground.

He froze and his eyes shot wide open. He turned on his heel. His tail and ears drooped as he saw the figure behind him. The leader of the little group was standing in the doorway, he was playing with a deck of cards, a deep disapproving frown dominated his face, but the worst part was his usually black eyes were glowing red... The wolf cringed and his ears went flat. He backed up a bit. He smiled weakly and waited for the multicolored haired man to speak.

"Come with me Wolfrun, I need to speak with you." He turned on his heel and walked off.

The wolf's shoulders slumped as he followed, dragging his feet. The troll and witch snickered mockingly as he left.

The multicolored haired man was outside, he had his back to the door as he grabbed a card with one of their enemies on them, this one was pink. He flicked his wrist and the card was torn apart and the tiny pieces fluttered down the mountainside, like confetti. The wolf crept in timidly, and stood in the doorway, uncomfortably.

"I feel like you are trying to shirk your duties... my friend." He grabbed an orange card and it soon followed the pink one. The wolf shifted his weight, weighing his words carefully.

"I'm not trying to shirk anything."

"Then what were you doing exactly?" A yellow card followed the others, and he watched in satisfaction as the torn figures of their enemies fluttered away below. The masked man could have sworn he heard them calling for help.

"I was hunting that pixie, Candy."

A green card followed the others. "Oh? Did you catch that little pest?" He still had his back turned to the wolf.

"No... but I did catch something else." He said somewhat hastily.

The multicolored haired man turned the blue card slowly, almost fondling it. Then, finally turned to face the wolf.

"Which is? Hopefully what we need." He said pointedly. The wolf shifted his weight again.

"Not exactly... I found four turtles, they protected the pixie."

He recounted to rascal how he was collecting some negative energy, when he saw the pixie, and chased her to the building and then finally how he fought with the red clad turtle.

"So you can nearly defeat a two hundred pound turtle, but you CAN'T catch a not even twenty pound PIXIE who is one of the keys to reviving Emperor Nogo!?" His voice became shrill and his eyes burned bright red with anger. The air grew dark and thick, he clenched his fists tightly, crumpling the blue card.

The wolf whimpered and hung his head as his ears flattened against his skull. "I-I-I-I-I'm sorry, b-but Pixie's harder to catch... they're tiny..." He mumbled in his defense.

"She isn't even capable of being silent! How hard is it that find an obnoxious brightly colored imbecile like HER!?" The human growled darkly. "I'm beginning to think you didn't try!" He snapped.

The wolf glared darkly and snapped back. "Oh REALLY!? I'm the big failure? At least I found what I've been looking for! You don't have a clue where the miracle jewel is! Let alone what it looks like or what it even IS! Plus Brute and Brooha only find the Glitter Force by accident! SO THEY ARE THE FAILURES NOT I!" His shoulders heaved as he struggled to calm down, defiantly glaring his superior in the eyes.

The rec faded from the humans eyes and a delighted smile appeared on his masked face. "There's the wolf I've been waiting for! I absolutely LOVE the hatred and determination radiating off you!" He laughed and walked towards the wolf.

"Now, the only thing left to do is get out there and defeat those clownish girls. Get the Pixie. Or do you want me to inform Emperor Nogo that you're STILL failing?" He smiled wickedly and chuckled as he studied the wolf.

"Fine." The humanoid wolf grumbled, grabbed his book and a fistful of paint.

"Don't get lost Wolfrun." He sighed wistfully as he studied the crumpled card.