Reboot

The clubhouse was dark and silent until there was a loud thump, followed by a grunt of pain from the red-clad turtle

"Son-of-a-mongrel-wolf-pup-biscuit-eating-flea-ridden-mutt!" He hissed.

Leo raised his head groggily, looking in the direction of the sound. "What?" He mumbled tiredly.

"Fell off." Raph huffed and got to his feet, stumbling out the door, he found a quiet place and started training.

Leo got up quietly, and followed Raph, watching him, very concerned.

"Raph..." Leo walked closer. "What happened out there? Where's Donnie?" He asked worriedly.

"Donnie... Is where he wants to be." Raph huffed as he stopped. "He's either dead or going to be or he's one of them."

Leo looked at Raph confused. "What do you mea-" He stopped abruptly, falling to the ground as realization dawned on him.

"How could you let him take Donnie!?!" He asked angrily, glaring at Raph.

"How could I LET HIM!?! We were both basically frozen SOLID! NONE OF US Turtles could do ANYTHING!" He yelled back.

Leo sighed forcefully. "Fine. But how are we supposed to bring him back?"

"We're not. Especially if he's dead. Or what if he doesn't WANT to come back?"

Leo jumped to his feet. "I AM NOT LEAVING DONNIE!!" He yelled. "If there is even a sliver of a chance that Donnie is still alive, I am going to save him. He's the only one smart enough to get us home."

"Well, then you'll have to fight that flea filled mutt, that idiotic beast, and that stupid old hag." He growled.

"If that's what it takes." The blue-eyed turtle said determinedly.

"Just wait... Wait until I'm ready, and then we'll go back."

Leo moved into a fighting stance. "Alright let's train." He smiled slyly.

Raph frowned. "Leo I need to train by myself first, but fine, whatever. Let's fight." The crimson-clad turtle smirked and got ready to fight.

Leo watched Raph closely. "You first." He said with mock politeness.

Raph circled his brother, shifting his grip, then attacked, an elbow ramming into Leo's face.

Leo stumbled backward and kicked at Raph's plastron.

The emerald-eyed turtle stumbled, and shifted his sai to his right hand, then started punching Leo repeatedly, and in multiple places.

Leo was able to block a few blows, and in between dodging and weaving got in a few of his own.

One blow knocked Raph to the floor. He fell on his carapace and cried out in pain through his clenched teeth. He struggled to sit up but his back exploded in pain as he moved.

Leo's eyes widened, and he ran over to help his brother to his feet. "Oh geez, Raph I-I'm so sorry, I-I totally forgot !" He apologized frantically.

Raphael's breath quickened until he was hyperventilating. The pain worsened and he cried out in agony, his shell had cracked due to the previous fight. "L-LEO! H-Help me up! I-It hurts!" Tears of pain ran from his bright neon green eyes as he desperately struggled to get up. He tried to ignore the fact that every movement he made, shot fiery pain through his shell.

Leo quickly grabbed Raph's arm and hauled Raph to his feet. "Okay, No more training Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

Raph grit his teeth and held onto Leo tightly. "H-How bad is it?"

Leo looked at Raph's shell hesitantly. He sucked in his breath through his teeth sharply, as he saw a web of cracks, a quarter of an inch deep, that began at the top ridge of his shell.

"I-It's it's pretty bad," Leo said quietly.

"Ugh, great." He huffed. "Leo, can you help me back to the clubhouse?"

Leo nodded, and let Raph lean on him, walking in silence. He opened the door, and helped Raph inside, and helped him onto the couch.

"Are you going to be okay?" The blue-clad turtle whispered softly.

Raph sat down carefully. "I-I don't know."

"If you need anything, and I mean anything. Let me know I know I haven't been the brother I should be, but I'm here for you."

Raph smiled and hugged his brother carefully. "Thanks, Leo I might just sleep and take it easy for a while."

Leo gingerly hugged Raph back. He pulled away and looked into Raph's eye, seriously.

"Don't take any unnecessary risks. Just get better, alright?" He said, searching Raph's face for the slightest sign that he would listen.

Raph was silent for a few moments. "I will. And I'm so, so, sorry for everything Leo... It's just that predator brings out the overly protective side of me, I was so focused on trying to keep everyone safe, that I didn't realize I had gone that far until it was too late. I-I-I know that's not a good excuse. But you gotta understand Leo, my animal instincts kicked in a-and I-I-I guess the cold just sorta brought me out of it... Like a... Like a Reboot." Raph's voice had fallen to a whisper, small silver tears ran down his face.

Leo stared at his brother, looking as if the emerald turtle had just blown his mind. "H-How long?" He whispered quietly.

"How long it's been going on?" Raph winced, as he shifted. "Honestly... Since our first day here... The night we met The Wolf."