Rage

The svelte turtle nodded and offered his hand, then frowned and lowered it as he turned his gaze towards the hill.

"Do you think they will accept me back? The… rest of your group?” He turned his questioning gaze to the small blonde.

She shrugged as she thought. "I-I don't know… but… H-He’s your brother, you ought to be there.” She said softly, trailing off. She looked at the horizon, watching the sun, as it slowly fell.

He gently took her hand and headed back to the hill. "Yayoi… why do you hide your talent? You have a wonderful gift and you shouldn't hide it in the dark.”

“Because I'm afraid.” She whispered softly. "I'm afraid of what people will say, I'm afraid of what they'll think. I-I'm afraid of messing up, and letting people down. What if I fail? What if they laugh? What if I do my best work and it's not good enough? I-I couldn't bear it if I let them down… so it's better to just not try.” She explained, already on the verge of tears.

Donnie gently pulled her into a hug, and dried her tears. "Yayoi,  you've never let anyone down, nor failed. Does it matter what they think? Do what you love Kise. If they don't like it then they are blind to the beauty you create.” He whispered as he caressed her cheek.

She hesitantly hugged him back. She looked into his auburn eyes.

“I-I hope one day I can be as brave as you… you're not afraid to look for the truth… e-even if it turns people against you.” She said with a hint of admiration.

He blushed deeply, and smiled shyly. "Thank you Yayoi. Let's go back.” He started walking with her.

She walked close to him, her arm brushing against him lightly. "Donnie? Wh-What’s it like? Wh-Where your from?” She asked hesitantly. "I-Is it anything like here?” She wondered.

"Well… my family Is forced to live in the sewers and hide like rats… we only leave our home at night, when we protect the city that is constantly under attack  by a warlord  who's only purpose in life is to destroy our father and our lives… But other than that… its……… pretty bleak…” He sighed. "Basically the opposite of your world.”

Yayoi reached for Donnie's hand, gently cupping it in both of her’s.  She stood only inches away from Donnie, her golden brown eyes locking onto his, sadness filling her gaze.

"Donnie… I'm so sorry… that… sounds horrible…” She choked on her words, unable to fight back the tears as she hugged him.

He knelt down and hugged her close. "Don't cry for me Yayoi. Save them for someone who matters.” He stood up and dried her tears. Before she could say anything, They’d reached  the others and it was time to go to Bad End.

Yayoi pouted at Donnie, and sat on a rock, closing herself off as she thought. Reika slowly climbed up the hill, her eyes on the ground. Akane looked at the two girls.

"What's with the sad faces?” She grumbled as she stood up.

The auburn eyed turtle glared darkly at the redhead. "Like you'd understand or care. All you care about is making snide and hurtful remarks. All you care about is hurting others. Just. Like. Raph.” He  growled in annoyance and frustration with the redhead.

Akane scowled, and walked towards Donnie. Reika looked up at the sky and sighed.

"Please not again.” She goaned.

"I. Am. Not! Like your brother. I don't mean to hurt people, but when your mongrel friend, is trying to hurt my friends, and my family, and bring pain and dispare,  to the entire FLIPPING UNIVERSE! I tend to get a little snarky and hurtful. So EXCUUUSE ME for trying to save the world!” Tears of anger began falling down her face.