Understanding

The wolf floated in the air above the sleeping city. He thought of where he could find the Glitter Force, his senses on high alert. There was a figure sitting on a rooftop, studying the city slowly. It's form was oddly familiar. The wolf stared at the shadowy form intently. Where had he seemed it before?

The figure jumped across a rooftop and started running on the rooftops. He followed its motion with his eyes. He phased down to a water tower on the roof the creature was about to jump onto. The figure landed incorrectly and tumbled to the floor. The oddly shaped creature grunted and slowly stood up, it looked around slowly and studied its surroundings. The wolf sat onto of the water tower, watching the form curiously. It grumbled and rubbed the back of its head and froze.

"I know you're there... What are you planning on doing next?"it whispered softly. The wolf sat, considering the question.

"It depends, on what you do."

"There's nothing I can do, I've seen what you're capable of. You're like nothing I've encountered before. I highly doubt I could defeat you, even if I had a weapon."

The wolf flipped off of the water tower, and walked towards the form. He chuckled his head and said somewhat playfully.

"You trying to flatter me?"

The turtle stepped back instinctively and started at him. "No I don't flatter people I'm scared of."

The wolf grinned, and looked at the form closer. He furrowed his brow. "Wait I know you, you're that turtle, the one with the stick."

"And you're the wolf who attacked my brother... And its not a stick, it's a ningata." He frowned. The wolf shrugged and looked the auburn eyed turtle in the eyes.

"What are you doing here?" The wolf asked curiously.

"Getting familiar with my surroundings, just in case something...happens." He you're his gaze away from the wolf.

The wolf plopped on the roof, and took a deep breath, closing his eyes. He sighed deeply. The purple clad turtle studied him, then shifted nervously.

"Why were you chasing that creature?"

"Which one?" The wolf asked.

"The....small one." Donnie studied him then hesitantly sat down a couple feet away. The wolf's eyes opened.

"I was looking for a snack... And I don't like her."

The turtle flinched slightly, then rubbed his neck. "Why?"

The wolf huffed. "People think Pixies are all CUTE, and CUDDLY, and INNOCENT. But their not. They... they're, cute, little, fuzzy, monsters." He said somewhat vehemently.

"Looks are deceiving. I understand. Would you care to elucidate further?"

The wolf sighed and pulled his sleeve up to his neck, to reveal a long, ugly, scar, starting at his shoulder and disappearing out of sight.

"See that?"

Donnie gently touched it, quickly trying to assess the extent of the wound. "What happened?"

"Pixie." He spat out bitterly. "I have a thousand scars I could show you, and they were ALL given to me by PIXIE'S. You wanna know why?" He asked.

"If you are willing to share." Donnie said still staring at the scar. The wolf chuckled without amusement.

"Because I'm a WOLF."

"So?" Donnie said confused. "That doesn't make sense. What did you do to deserve this?"

"I come from a land of fairy tales, I am EVERY wolf, in EVERY story, and nobody likes a wolf, ESPECIALLY a hungry one."

Donnie frowned. "That isn't right... you don't deserve that kind of torture, no matter what you do."

The wolf looked at the turtle smiling sadly. "Yeah well, you're the only one who thinks that."

They sat in silence. Rascals words ran through the wolf's mind. He quickly stood up and looked at the turtle.

"... Thanks... for listening." The Wolf passed into the shadows and left the turtle by himself.

Donnie watched him leave, then slowly made his way back to the base.