Father!

Ulric sat in the middle of the dark woods, not the woods of Bad End, but a different, more dark set of woods, one that had tormented thousands. His breath was quick. He knew something bad was out there, just waiting to happen. He gasped, and looked around hearing footsteps, thumping through the woods. They were hunting him... again, always hunting him, tormenting and tearing at him. He weaved in and out of the tree's, dodging low hanging branches, and running for dear life.

He ran even though he knew it was useless, he knew the woods better than he knew himself, as did his hunters, they would have everything blocked off. He tripped over himself, nearly falling to the ground. He suddenly came to a hill, and rolled down it, unable to stop himself, he landed sprawled in a clearing. He got up, dusting himself off, as he turned, stopping, as he saw a figure. The same wolf that always waited for him with open arms. He watched motionlessly as the wolf came towards him, not even daring to breathe.

"D-Daddy?" He said, not believing his eyes as his voice cracked with emotion built up through the years. He ran into his fathers' arms. Ulric clung to him tightly, tear's silently fell down his face.

"I-I thought I'd never see you again." He whispered, burying his face in his father's shoulder, breathing in the familiar scent. He pulled away slightly and looked into his fathers' deep green eyes.

"Have you heard from Mom?" He asked hopefully.

His father smiled and opened his mouth to speak when there was a crack of thunder, and hundreds of pixies began to come out of nowhere, separating the two of them. A tall, and scruffy, blonde haired pixie walked up to the coal black wolf, the mob moving out of his way. The dove grey wolf's eyes widened, and he struggled to reach him.

"N-No, please! Leave him alone! D-Don't hurt him, please! I'll, I'll go back, I'll do what you say, I won't try to run anymore! Jus' please don't hurt him, Jack!" He tried to bargain with the pixie known as Jack, But Jack didn't listen.

Ulric watched in horror, as the pixies murdered his father, over, and over again, each time using a different fairytale ending.

A single hooded pixie giggled and locked eyes with the living wolf who had been bound in chains he could not escape. She hummed and started singing an eerie song, sending chills down the wolfs spine.

"Serve your twisted enemy
So you might earn forgiveness
You know your whole world is waiting
So why can’t you speak?

I feel it coming over me
I’m still a slave to these dreams
Is this the end of everything?
Or just a new way to bleed?

So go and tell all your friends
That I’m a failure underneath
If it makes you feel like a bigger man
But it’s my, my heart, my life
That you're calling a lie
I’ve played this game before
And I can’t take anymore

I feel it coming over me
I’m still a slave to these dreams
Is this the end of everything?
Or just a new way to bleed?

By drifting far beyond the edge
Freedom, freedom
Can’t you feel the ground caving in?
Freedom
Give us a reason to believe again

I feel it coming over me
I’m still a slave to these dreams
Is this the end of everything?
Or just a new way to bleed?"

The last words he heard were from the hooded figure. "You should have stayed with me little one." She cooed in a sickly sweet voice.