Chapter 5

Aftermath-

Even behind enemy lines and with damaged ear drums, Arch could hear the battle cry of hundreds of triumphant soldiers emerged from the earth to claim honor and victory, hunting down their tormentors. CT-6782 commed Dozer and after a moment's pause got a response

Please tell me you have good news sir, we just got reinforced by a massive division and are chasing the droids back.

Arch responded

Cannons are down, return to base ASAP for debrief and some R&R, we've lost enough of our people today as it is.

A-firm inbound sir, need a ride?

Negative I'll get there on my own, just be there.

Arch cut his comm and began his hike to the nearest clone unit, he was quite sure it wouldn't be long. After an hour of walking, Arch found a clone unit with light speeders, who were happy to be away from the new front line. When Arch arrived his legs and chest burned, but he would be considered KIA if he didn't report in. After a two hour ride through ruined swamp land the group arrived at the Republic base. Arch went to the officer's offices and was checked in with the outpost commander, an ex-republic admiral turned ground major named Lockey or his code name Havoc. The major gestured to Arch to sit and complemented Arch's efficiency under pressure and awarded Arch and his men leave on the republic capital world Coruscant while they waited for reinforcements for the soldiers they lost. Arch waited for the remnants of his squad to return, praying that at least Zeus and Dozer made it out, and they did along with an injured Pinball who had been narrowly saved.