20° Confusion

It's been a couple days since everything happened, and I think sir likes me again.

We've been cuddling on the couch all day, watching movies. I feel kinda sleepy, but I want to stay awake with sir.

He seems better, but I think he still hurts.

I looked at the TV. We were watching movie about a bunches of puppies and a mean lady who was gonna take them.

"Sir?" I asked.

"Yes?" He replied, sounding sleepy.

"Can I gets a bunch a' puppies?" I asked. "They look soft and floofy, and cuddly and pretty and small and...and...um....floofy...and-"

"I can't get you 101 puppies, but I suppose we can get one." He said, after a few minutes.

I sat up, clapping my hands. "Really?!"

"Mhm." He replied. "But, Chris, puppies are a lot of work. They need to be taken care of, and fed, and walked. That'll be your job, okay?"

I nodded, hugging him."I've always wanted a puppy!"

"Alright. I'll take you to the shelter tomorrow, maybe. We'll let you pick one out."

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" I yelled. "Thank you!"

He laughed and kissed my head.

I nuzzled his chest, looking back to the TV.

I can't believe I'm gonna get a puppy! I want a pretty one. He's gonna be soft and cuddly and cute and I'm gonna love him!

I want the cutest and tiniest one. I'm so happy!

"Chriis? Kitten? Hello?" He said, poking my side.

"Oh hi."

"I asked if you were hungry."

I nodded. "A little bit."

"Is there something you want?"

"Whatever you wants."

"Chicken?"

I nodded. Sir was nice. He was pretty too.

"I'm pretty?" He asked.

"What?"

"You said I'm pretty."

"Oops. I didn't think I actually said that."

He laughed, kissing my head.

He lifted me up and carried me into the kitchen. He sat me on the counter while he took some stuff out and started cutting it and stuff.

I reached up, playing with his hair while he cooked. His hair was soft. It was pretty and long and black.

"Having fun?" He asked.

I nodded.

He smiled, going back to his cooking.

Why was sir being so nice to me? No one's ever been this nice to me. Sometimes it makes me sad. I've been so bad, and mean. Yet, he still wants to be nice. I ran away and I yell and I don't listen, but for some reason, sir still wants me. Maybe I should give him something to make him happy.

"Sir? Can we play?"

"No. Not tonight." He said.

"Why?" I whined.

"Because, I'm still hurt, and your arm is gonna be broken for a few more weeks."

"But you promised!"