38° It's Not Over Yet

Mike's POV

I ran through the hospital, trying to find Ricky's room. Nobody would tell me what happened, just that Ricky was in a bad accident. I hope Chris is okay. They didn't say anything about him. I found the room number. Room 217. I rushed inside, seeing only Ricky lying there.

I sat in the chair beside his bed. He had a breathing tube in his mouth, along with a variety of casts and bandages, along with stitches on his face. I brushed his hair out of his face, kissing his forehead.

I looked around, searching for any sign that Chris had been here. Where the hell was he?

A nurse entered the room and I immediately stood up. "Can you tell me where Chris is?"

"I'm sorry, who?"

"Chris Cerulli. H-he should have been with Ricky."

"Well, as far as I know, Mr. Olson was found alone."

"W-what?"

"I'm sorry. That's all I know. Maybe try talking to the police. They might know more about it."

"Okay. Th-thank you."

Ricky was alone? Where was Chris? What the hell happened?

Just then, Devin rushed in, hugging me. He took one look at Ricky and began to cry.

"What happened?" He asked, wiping his eyes with his sleeves.

"I-I don't know..."

"W-where's Chris?"

"They said that Ricky was alone when he was found." I told him.

He gave me a confused look. "But they should have been together."

"I know..." I said, sitting down again.

I frowned, biting my lip. What could have happened?

A doctor entered the room and looked at us. He smiled softly.

"Is he going to be okay?" Devin asked.

The doctor sighed. "I'm going to be honest with you, as of right now, its hard to say."

"When will he wake up?"

"He won't. We've put him into a medically induced coma to ease his pain and make it easier to run tests."

"What even happened?" I asked.

"I don't know exactly what happened. I got a quick run through from the police and paramedics and they told me that he'd been found in his car. The car was on fire, and on its side. You would have to talk to the officers who brought him." The doctor spoke. "He has 2nd and 3rd degree burns along the left side of his body. His right hand needs reconstructive surgery but we can't do that in his current state. Due to severe burns, he most likely will lose most to all feeling in his left side. We don't know if there's nerve damage yet. And he has a severe concussion, as it seems he'd been hit in the head with something. I want to tell you that everything will be okay, but I honestly don't know if it will. I'm sorry."

"Why does he need reconstructive surgery?" Devin asked.

"His hand was crushed when the car flipped over. He may not regain full use of the hand though."

Dev just nodded.

"Do you know if the officers who brought him are still here?"

"Yes, they're down the hall, talking to the woman who found him."

"Okay. Thank you." I said, standing up.

I kissed Devin's head. "Stay here. Everything will be fine, promise."

"I hope so."

I walked out of the room, going down the hall. I saw 3 officers and a few paramedics standing with a crying woman. They seemed to be trying to calm her.

I looked over her, seeing that there was blood covering her hands.

"Excuse me?" I said.

One of the officers turned around. "Yes?"

"I was told to come talk to you about what happened to Ricky Olson. I'm family."

"Okay. Give me one minute."

I nodded and leaned against the wall. It was a little while before he came back over.

"You said you were family?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Okay. Come with me."

~~~~~

After speaking with the police, I had found that Chris wasn't with Ricky when he was found. It had taken everything in me to not panic and cry right then and there. I couldn't figure out what could have possibly happened to him.

I slowly walked back to the room, sitting down beside the bed.

"What happened?" Dev asked.

I shook my head. "Someone did this to him. It wasn't an accident. Chris was no where in sight when he was found. They don't know much else yet."

"Who would want to this to him?"

"I don't know. But, it probably had something to do with Chris's father."

He frowned. I stood up, kissing the side of his head.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm gonna go to the crime scene. See if I can find something that the cops missed."

"Be careful."

I nodded, leaving the room. I walked out of the hospital and down to my car. I got in and just sat there for a moment. How could I let this happen? I looked up, closing my eyes. I took a deep breath and started my car, driving towards the courthouse.

I hope theres something that leads me to Chris. I hope he's okay.

-----

Sorry i havent updated in 4738284748 years. I have no time and serious writers block. pLEASE COMMENT THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE I NEED IT.

~xxRy