32° Breathe

Sir and Ricky were talking to some other guy, and it looked like sir was mad at the guy. I wonder why sir's mad...

All of the people in the room were staring at me. I didn't like it. It wasn't nice. Did they know that I was here because daddy hurt me?

Sir sat down next to me and I gave him a sad look. He hugged me. "You'll be okay. We're going to be starting in a few minutes. You have to stay quiet, even if seeing him upsets you."

I nodded. "Okay. I be quiet."

The entire room fell silent as the big doors opened. A bunch of polices walked in with daddy. I whimpered, hiding my face in sir's chest. I don't want to see daddy.

He brushed his fingers through my hair, holding onto me.

"Just breathe. Everything's going to be alright." He whispered.

I peeked out a bit. I looked around a bit, before daddy's eyes met mine. I gasped, immediately hiding my face again.

A few minutes passed before sir pulled me way from his body.

"Just don't look at him, kitten. You're safe. I promise."

I nodded, staring at the table in front of me.

A lot of stuff started happening. We all had to stand up, then sit back down again. Then people started talking, but I ignored them mostly. I was too busy being worried about daddy.

I looked up when I heard my name being said. There was a guy in front of me, looking down at me.

"Um...w-what?" I whispered.

"I asked you if that was your father." He said, pointing to daddy, who at some point had gone to the front of the room.

"Y-yes." I mumbled.

"And has your father ever hurt you?"

"Yes. H-he has."

"How?"

I froze.

How? I had to talk about how he hurt me? In front of all of these people? I had to say what he did to me?

"Chris?" The man said. "Did you hear me? How did he hurt you?"

I felt tears fill my eyes, threatening to spill. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

I couldn't talk about what he did in front of so many people. I've never even seen this many people in one place. I tried to move away from the man, but I just ended up falling off the seat. I don't like these questions. This doesn't feel right.

Suddenly, I was surrounded by people. Sir and Ricky were there. So was the guy who was asking me questions and a few other people.

I was crying now. I want to go home. They were all talking to me but I couldn't tell what they were saying.

I rolled over, burying my face in my arms. I didn't want to see all of these people. I don't like it here.

I closed my eyes and when I opened them again, I was no longer inside the building. I sniffled, looking around. I was outside. How did I get outside?

I felt a hand on my face as my head was pulled to the side. I wiped my eyes, seeing sir in front of me.

He kissed my head, gently wiping away my tears. He rubbed my back, holding me against him.

"You're safe, kitten. Okay? I've got you."

I shook my head, falling against his chest.

"What happened? You have to talk to me, hun. I'm not a mind reader."

"T-th-ere were s-so many p-people and I-I-I got really s-scared." I hiccuped, gripping his shirt.

He nodded, allowing me to cry into his chest.

"Come on. Let's get you something to eat while you calm down." He said, lifting me up.

I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder. "D-do I have t-to go back?"

"Later, probably. In a few hours they'll break for lunch and Ricky will let me know whether or not the bring you back today."

I whimpered, nodding.

He opened the car door, setting me inside and buckling me. He went around and got in.

"Do you want wings? You seemed to like those."

I nodded. I reached over and grabbed his hand, holding onto him. He makes me happy. He smiled at me, squeezing my hand.

I sniffled a little, closing my eyes. I yawned, squeaking a little.

He laughed. "You're adorable, ya know that?"

"I-I am?" I asked. He really thought I was adorable?

"Of course. You're the most aborable little boy I've ever seen." He told me.

I looked at him, a confused look on my face. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure, pumpkin." He laughed. "I've never met a boy that was more adorable that you."

I smiled, hugging his arm. "And you're the bestest sir I've ever seen."

"Yeah?"

"Uh huh!"

He laughed, ruffling my hair. "Hey kitten?"

"Yeahh?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Okay." I said. "Was I bad?"

"No. Not at all. I just wondering why you call me sir?"

"Um...I don't know..." I mumbled.

"How about you try calling me by my name for the rest of today, and if you don't like it, you can go back to calling me sir?" He suggested.

"So, for all of today, I'll call you by your name?" I asked.

"Only if you want to."

I nodded. "O-okay. I can does that."

"Do you know my name?"

"Well, Ricky called you Mike, so I think that's you're name."

He nodded. "That's right."

I smiled.

He parked outside of a place and got out of the car. He came around the get me out.

"Let's get you those wings."

-----

Does someone want to make a new cover for this story? If I get enough people that want to do it, maybe it can be a contest of sorts?

ALSO HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN IS SO FUCJING GOOD

~xxRy