Chapter 40

"I'm tired!" Nick was whining.

"We have been walking for only 30 minutes" Peter said. It's true, the parents are home with Happy playing a game or something. The rest of us were bored so we decided to go hiking.

"We would go back soon" I answered. We walked for ten more minutes before we met the worse lady ever.

"What are you doing here?" the lady snapped at us.

"Going on a hike" Zoe answered.

"You can't walk here" the lady said still snapping.

I walked up to the front of the group because I was at the back to get a good look at the lady getting angry unnecessarily. She is of average height and skinny, she could be pretty if not for the anger on her face and with the lines, it seems like the anger never leaves her.

"And why is that?" I asked looking her up and down. I hate when people get snappy when meeting new people. She doesn't know us and she's angry already.

"Because this is private grounds. So... leave" she said moving forward.

"You don't have to be such a bitch" I said also moving towards her.

"I can because I am the school camp counselor and in control" she said smiling. So she's a school counselor that's nice. The camp ground cannot be far from here then.

I was about to hit the late smile of her face when Mike held me back.

"We would go" he said.

"Better" the lady said and walked away.

"Such an asshole" Jake said when she left. We all kept walking for about two minutes before we reached a lake. It was so beautiful. We sat there a while and ate the lunches Paige packed for us.

"I'm surprised Elly let that lady go" Peter said.

"Yeah, me too" Lou agreed.

"That's because I am definitely going back for her" I told them and smiled.

"I'm scared" Nick said looking at me.

"You should be, I get scared when she has that smile on" Mike said. I laughed and we all went back home.

"How was the hike?" Daniel asked when we got home.

"Fine except for a lady we met who was angry at us for no reason" Zoe answered.

"Oh, sorry about that" Daniel said.

"No need, it ended well because we saw a lake. We should definitely go there one day for an afternoon out" Zoe said.

"That's a plan" Lizzy said.

After dinner, the parents were talking about some boring movie they saw in the 90s in the lounge so we left them do as not to die of boredom. Besides we don't know the movie. We went to the second lounge. Happy insisted on going with us.

I am playing video game with Lou and winning when I got a brilliant idea.

"I got it!" I suddenly shouted so everyone looked at me. Peter was reading a book to Happy, Nick and Zoe were on there phone, Jason and Jenny were talking while Mike and Jake were also playing a video game.

"Got what?" Jake asked looking away from the game.

"Let me guess, how to get back at the mean lady" Mike said and I nodded.

"I'm all ears" Peter said smiling evilly.

"Finally going to be part of your mess around" Nick said smiling. I looked at him questioningly.