Chapter 1

//Ria//

"There", she thought, "I've done it, I've told him how I feel, no matter what he says now, at least I was honest" and Ria prided herself in her honesty because she had always thought that hiding things was usually pointless because they nearly always found a way of getting out and anyway Isaac was her close friend, she couldn't have kept it secret any longer, she just had to tell him how she felt. She didn't usually tell her crushes how she felt because it was never going to go anywhere, she was Muslim, she had a Muslim family, she wouldn't ever have a boyfriend, just get married to someone she liked.

She tied up her long, sleek, extremely dark brown hair and nervously waited for a reply, every fibre of her being buzzing with nerves. Of corse she'd never actually had any indication that Isaac liked her at all, but it was worth a try, even though the probability was miniscule. He wasn't the most attractive guy, but he wasn't unattractive either, he was thin and wiry, but somehow built  strong, with pale white skin and nondescript brown hair and eyes. He was always cynical, but seemed to show compassion, when it came to the few people that he cared properly about.

A few minutes later, a noise brought her attention back to her laptop screen and she was slightly disappointed, but not really surprised with the message she had received back :

I'm sorry, I just don't like you in that way.

No problem, she typed, I wasn't really expecting you to, I just thought I should tell you so that I can move on with my life.

The conversation continued as normal, if not slightly more awkwardly than before, but that was to be expected, she imagined it had come as a big shock to him.

Isaac had begun to become more distant lately to Ria's group and he told them it was because of the coming festive period of Christmas, because that was when his parents had split up, but he began to shut them all out and Ria had just confessed her feelings out of the blue.

Ria would of course tell her best friends Eva and Macy, but she decided not to tell them straight away, she'd bare their sympathetic comments and jokes, they were the ones, who started joking that her and Isaac should be a couple anyway. She'd rather bare that night's shame by herself. She closed her laptop and went upstairs for the night.