Chapter 8

//Ezra//

Ezra had been so nervous about meeting Ria in the art room, but he didn't have time to worry about it during PE, his final lesson before the day had ended. He was really fucking nervous, he wanted to impress Ria.

She was gorgeous, she had long smooth shiny black (or dark brown as she kept reminding him) hair, that tumbled over her shoulders down to her waist. Her light brown, almond shaped eyes suited her caramel coloured skin and along with her perfect lips and in his opinion she was easily one of the prettiest girls in the year. And that'd didn't even matter to him, it was just a bonus. She was incredibly intelligent, witty, funny, stubborn and just amazing in general a and he couldn't believe his luck that she liked him. In comparison he was nothing, ugly, undesirable.

As he walked into the art room she was already there, set up painting. In fact she didn't even look up until Ezra had sat down next to her and touched her arm for attention.
"Hey," he said casually, as she looked at him, in what seemed like feigned surprise. He looked at her face, realising she was wearing makeup, making her usually big eyes even bigger and more beautiful.

"Hey," she replied before quickly turning back to her work. Ezra's heart sank. She wasn't interested in him at all which was why she didn't want to look at him. What else could it be? He watched her as she painted and could she her arm shaking violently, as she tried to paint and he realised that she was probably a lot more nervous than him, which was why she wasn't paying much attention to him.

They made small talk for all of 5 minutes and the following 20 minutes after that they just sat, whilst Ezra watched her paint. She seemed more relaxed now, painting seemed to soothe her. She got up and Ezra glanced at her questioningly. She muttered something about drawing and not needing the paint anymore.

She walked to the sink and as she washed her paint pallet, Ezra appreciated the view. "She has a good butt he thought," her navy school trousers hugged the top part of her legs whilst becoming looser and the knees. He had no clue how the rest of her figure was, she always wore a school shirt that had to be at least two sizes big for her. He wasn't sure whether it was intentional or not.

After she had finished up what she was doing, they walked to the library together and Ezra was extremely conscious of the little space between them. They joined Eva, Macy and Owen in the library in beanbags. Her friends were for the most part cool, if not a bit weird, but she seemed a lot more relaxed with them, probably because she had known them longer.

When they were walking down to get chips, Ezra couldn't help but notice the amount of times Ria tripped over nothing. He thought it was so adorable, especially since she tried a to play it off as thought nothing happened. Whilst queuing for their chips Ria, unconsciously (he assumed) leaned against him. This action, caused him to get a boner and Ezra became incredibly embarrassed and was extremely glad that he had his schoolbag to cover it and also that Ria was leaning on his arm and not on his front. Eva and Macy suddenly burst into laughter and there was space between them again until they sat down, waiting for the bus.

As he was saying bye to Ria, he moved to hug her, but completely oblivious Ria had already turned around and got on the bus. Afterwards when he spoke to her online shed apologised several times and he just smiled thinking that he could do more than hug her next time.