Chapter 3

//Ria//

It had been a few weeks since Ria's friends had begun teasing her about their new ship (it didn't help that Ezra usually joined Aaron in staying after school with he girls) and since then she had moved in with her grandmother, to look after her as per her mother's instructions. She didn't mind because both things had distracted her from Isaac's rejection and even though she wasn't quite over him yet, she was okay.

She glanced at the clock and saw the time, 12:18. Ria had been up all night revising for the mock exams, she had a full day tomorrow of sitting in the sports hall in silence. She'd had enough for the night, so she logged onto Facebook and scrolled through her feed.

Her judgement was clouded by exhaustion and too much academic information and even looking back she had no reason for what she did next. She tagged Ezra in a some kind of funny video. And another. And another. And then several more until she realised how bizarre she was being. "Why the fuck did I just tag Ezra, who I don't even know that well in a load of memes? Oh my god, I am such an idiot I hate everything."

//Ezra//

Ezra walked back from the dinner he forced to have with his family to his room and picked up his buzzing phone.

Ria has tagged you in a comment
Ria had tagged you in a comment
Ria has tagged you in a comment

This was on his phone at least 25 times. He was absolutely bewildered,
"Ria? Why would she tag me in anything in Facebook? Unless it's another Jesus thing, I barely know her." She was friends with the group Aaron hung out with sometimes.

Ezra always thought she was pretty cute, small, curvy, brown skinned with almond eyes and long dark hair, usually kept down. She seemed pretty cool from the few times he had hung out with her after-school with everyone else, but he didn't know much else about her.

He took a screenshot of the notifications and sent them to her via Messenger along with several question marks and waited for a response. After what seemed like an age due to his curiosity, he received a reply:

I'm bored and tired, sorry

He wasn't really sure what he expected to be honest, he told her it was fine that he didn't really mind at all and good luck on her exams the following day.

//Ria//

Ria breathed a sigh of relief, she couldn't believe how cool he'd been about it, but his general aura seemed to be cool and collected always. Now Ria wasn't very proud of what she thought of next, but she was still devoted to Isaac even though she really didn't want to be.

After thinking it through she decided she'd keep talking to Ezra everyday, like she used to do with Isaac. It could make him jealous whilst also helping her to get over Isaac and she didn't even have to say anything to Ezra, she'd just be a bit flirty with him. There wasn't really anything wrong with that, she thought. But she was so wrong.