Prologue

14 years ago - Earth 2 

"Mom!" I shout as I jump up and down, my hand clasped on tight around hers. My eyes however were locked on a specific object behind a shop window; one that I desperately needed. "Mom, look!"

I quickly drag my mother to the store window as I let go of her hand, pressing my hands up against the glass, a little twinkle in my eye. "Raven...don't you already have that one?"

My head shakes as I keep my eyes locked on the little figurine. "No! This one comes with different objects he can hold, see!"

I point my little finger against the glass. You see, what I had my eyes set on was yet another flash figurine. Ever since the particle accelerator exploded, Central City gained a fast hero that everyone was raving about. It's only been a couple of months since the explosion, but the streak that runs around Central City saving the day can be found almost everywhere in stores on things like shirts, hats, and most importantly, figurines. 

The Flash ran around saving the day, but he was my savior in more ways than one. He hasn't physically ever saved me from anything, but he was my escape. After the explosion, I had nightmares for weeks about it. The idea of having a hero running around our city protecting it made me feel better about it all, and I was obsessed with owning almost every single type of merchandise that you can own. 

My mother sighs as she looks down at me, deciding whether or not I'd be taking home a new toy. "Your birthday is coming up soon, are you okay with this being one of your presents-"

"Of course!" I shout as I cut her off, excitement coursing through me. My eyes drift back to the toy in the window for a moment, hoping that it was about to be mine.

"Alright, lets go get it," she says finally as I grin, dashing to the door to go inside. 

As I step inside, I find a crowd of people in line, causing my mother to take my hand once again. We both start to walk over towards the display, but to my surprise, I notice one of my mom's friends in the crowd, causing her to walk over to say hi. I was hoping that it wouldn't take that long for them to talk, but after five minutes of standing there, I couldn't hold in my excitement any longer. 

I take my hand away from my mom as I walk towards the display, hearing my mother shout after me. "I'll be there in a minute, Raven!"

Another smile forms on my face as I dash around the corner, ready to get my hands on my new toy. However, when I turn the corner to where the display was, I find more figures other than The Flash. I stop in my tracks as I stare at the figures, comic books, and merchandise that went on for miles it seemed.

I recognized a few of the people, such as fictional characters like the Orange Lantern and Superwoman, but out of them all, there was one of them that drew my eye. I furrow my eyebrows as I walk towards one of the comic books, taking it off the shelf and holding it in my hands as I stare down at the cover.

In the middle of the cover featured some type of figure surrounded in what appeared to be blue lightning instead of red lightning like The Flash. The character was holding something in its left hand, and in its other was something that appeared to be like a spear, or a knife. I didn't get to read the title of the comic before I heard a male voice from over my shoulder.

"The Wrath of Savitar," says the voice, causing me to turn around and lower the comic. I look up and see a man with a name tag that read Garret, it appeared that he worked here. He points towards the comic in my hand. "That's an intense read. It's more on the darker side of things, but it's worth it."

I raise an eyebrow. "Savitar? What's that?"

"That's the guy on the cover there," he answers me. "He's based off of an old tale from ages ago, but I can't remember where from. They brought him to life in the comics a month ago after the explosion. That's the new edition you're holding there."

My eyes sneak a peak back at the cover. "Is he a bad guy?"

Garret nods. "Worst one yet, actually. I don't want to spoil too much, but he completely breaks The Flash. Like I said, it's a little dark for my taste, but the storyline is borderline genius."

"Raven!" I hear my mother shout then before she turns the corner, sighing when she sees me. "I thought you ran off."

She walks over to me and takes my hand then as Garret smiles. "I was just telling her about that comic she has in her hands there. She's been here the whole time."

My mother smiles at him. "Thanks for keeping an eye on her."

"Of course," he smiles back as I put the comic book back, staring at the person I knew as Savitar now on the cover. Something about it gave me the chills, and I wish I knew why. 

"Let's go get that figurine now," my mom says as she tugs me away, excitement returning back to me. As we walk away though, I couldn't help but look back over my shoulder at the line of comics on the stand, feeling as if Savitar's blue eyes were watching me...as if they held more in them than I knew. 

-*+*-

weirdest prologue I think I've written? ah well, I kinda like it though, it gives a little background of the main villain of course *muahha*

don't forget to vote n comment!