19. Inbetween

Barry's POV

Barry's POV

Fear. That was the main emotion I was feeling in this moment as I look at the casing that surrounded Raven's body; the same one that was around Wally's as well. We went into that place with the upper hand...yet we came out on the losing side.

And it was all my fault.

"What was that thing?" H.R. asks all of us as we stare at the husks of Raven and Wally.

Everyone is silent for a moment, unsure on what answer to give him. I press my finger to my chin as I turn towards him, taking my eyes off of Raven. "He called himself Savitar, the God of speed."

"He had you everywhere in the city simultaneously," Cisco breathes as he shakes his head, referring to the little fight I had with Savitar earlier tonight. "I'm not really one to believe in a speed God, but maybe he is."

"He's not a God," I state, making sure to set that clear with everyone.

H.R. pipes in again. "None of us could even see him besides you, Barry-"

"Raven could see him too," I say, looking back down at her on the table. "She spoke to him before she was hit by that stone...something about needing her as much as he needs me?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Iris asks, crossing her arms. Everyone is silent once again.

"Wally and Raven are okay," Caitlin says then as she hooks up more monitors. "Vitals are normal, but it doesn't look like they'll be waking back up anytime soon."

My heart sinks a little lower in my chest. "I'm sorry for this. I told you I would get Alchemy and protect them-"

"It's not your fault, Barry," Cisco assures me. "We couldn't prevent this from happening...I just hope that they wake up okay."

My eyes drift back down to Raven again as I think about her waking up, wondering what this was going to mean for her. Would she wake up without powers? Would she wake up with more powers? Would she even wake up at all?

"Standing around won't do much good. It's late guys, go home and get some rest," Caitlin tells all of us, giving a hopeful faint smile. Everyone nods towards her and starts to leave the room, except for Iris.

She stands next to me in silence for awhile before speaking. "Everything is going to be okay, Bar. You did what you could. None of us saw Savitar coming-"

"But we knew what we were walking into," I state, shaking my head. "The goal was to stop Alchemy and to stop him from taking Wally and Raven. I failed."

"We'll get Alchemy, don't worry about him," Iris assures me. "Wally was going to die if he didn't go to Alchemy, and it seemed that the same was happening to Raven too. This could be a good thing...Wally has always wanted powers anyways."

I look over at Iris. "I know...it's just, I feel like this is still my fault. We weren't able to figure out what was wrong with Raven, and we couldn't stop Alchemy from taking them both. If I can't protect them from that, then how am I supposed to protect you all from anything? From Savitar?"