11. Gates of Hell

Present

Present

Barry's idea was better than I had thought.

Whenever Barry says he has an idea, my mind instantly imagines a million wrong possibilities. Furthermore, with this issue that we had at the moment, I was skeptical to believe that he actually came up with a good one other than a way to switch our bodies back. He didn't have the answer to that question, but he did have the answer to how I was going to get through this case hearing. 

The issue in the first place was this: I was stupid when it came to police work. Sure, I've spent most of my life running from the cops, but I knew close to none about what they actually did or let alone the terminology that they used. Barry was a forensic scientist, which made things ten times worse. Barry told me that he usually testified in court his findings and what he thought about the evidence. 

Of course, I wasn't the one who really examined the evidence, making this impossible for me to bullshit my way out of. None of this would be that big of an issue if there was a form of communication Barry and I could have as I sat up in front of everyone, but there wasn't. At least, not until Barry remembered what we had used to communicate last year when we went back in time.

Cisco had installed a little button in the bottom of Barry's shoe so that he could tap with his toe to communicate through a com in my ear, using morse code. It worked back then after Eobard had kidnapped Barry, so how could it not work now? 

So after running off to S.T.A.R. Labs to install the nice little device into Barry's shoe and to get the com to put into my ear, we went to the courthouse. It was strange walking into the building, since I was walking inside without my own face. Random people tried talking to me, but all I could do was smile, wave, and move on. I didn't realize Barry knew this many people.

When Barry and I finally arrived, we were running late...as you would have guessed. The moment I stepped inside of the room, a woman was ushering me to go forwards, causing my heart to race. Well, Barry's heart, I suppose. Before I make my way up to the stand however, I pretty much chug an entire bottle of water out of nerves...Barry's mouth never produced enough saliva it seemed.

I couldn't help but notice how clumsy I was as I made my way up to the stand, feeling the palms of my hands sweat uncontrollably. When I take my seat, I find my eyes drift away from the woman that lead me up here. It was then I looked over to see who the meta was that I was testifying against, and it interested me to see that it was the same meta that I had fought that night just before Hunter took me away to CCPD.

He looks over at me then, raising his eyebrow in a strange fashion. I knew that he didn't know me (well, Barry I suppose) so I wasn't worried about him recognizing Barry or I, but the look he gave me only made me wonder. I remembered him, that was for damn sure. 

"Mr. Allen," the judge says to me then as I straighten up, crossing my legs. Before she can continue, I'm quickly uncrossing my legs, realizing then that I wasn't a girl and that I couldn't exactly cross my legs with...you get the point. "Raise your right hand, please. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"