18. Beginning of the End

Raven's POV

Raven's POV

"Want some cheetos?" I ask Wally as I outstretch my hand, shaking the orange bag. He shakes his head slowly before I add on,"Oh c'mon, they're even the puffs."

The corners of his lips tighten before he reaches out and takes a handful from my bag, making me somewhat satisfied that we were at least somewhat bonding. Iris and I were becoming great friends, but I still knew little to nothing about her brother, and here we were now, locked away in the pipeline together in the same cell. It was a good time to learn more about one another. 

"Thanks," he says to me before shoving a few puffs into his mouth, munching away. I grab a few more cheetos out of the bag as silence starts to wrap between the two of us, like it had been for most of the time we were down here.

I lick my lips slowly. "I know this is random but...I'm sorry about what happened back when I was still, you know...with Hunter."

Wally furrows his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"When he had kidnapped you and taken you back to my earth," I state, causing realization to flick behind his eyes. "I'm sorry for letting that happen, and I'm sorry for not helping you."

He sticks another cheeto in his mouth as he shakes his head. "No need to apologize, Raven. I know that he was just in your head; you couldn't have done anything, even if you really had wanted to. Don't worry about."

I nod my head slowly, letting my eyes drift towards the floor I was sitting on. It was then I let my head rest up against the wall as my mind starts to float; mostly about what was going to come next. 

"What do you think is going to happen to us?" I ask out loud, not realizing that I said it until afterwards. My eyes stay glued to the celling as I think more about myself than Wally. 

"I guess I'll get powers like how I had them in Flashpoint," Wally states, almost sounding joyful about it. I didn't blame him; I knew he had always wanted powers, especially speed, so in a way, I was actually happy for him. "I just can't wrap my mind around why Alchemy would want you."

"I can't either," I agree with him, setting my bag of cheetos to the side. "I already have powers, and I didn't even exist in Flashpoint. There's no reason for him to even want me."

Wally leans his head up against the wall in that moment and closes his eyes. "I'm sorry that all of this even happened to you, Raven. I always thought that my past was rough; I was raised without a father, and after finding out that he was still alive and that I had a sister, my mother died of cancer. I know that doesn't even come close to comparing to the hell that you were brought up in, but just know that if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here, and maybe I'll be able to somewhat understand."

A faint smile forms on my face. "Thanks, Wally."

His eyes find mine in that moment as he nods his head, and I knew what he said was true. Hearing what Wally said reminded me vividly of what Hunter had always told me: to not love, and to not trust, for it would lead to my end. I smiled at the thought of knowing that he was wrong, and I had everyone here at S.T.A.R. Labs to prove it.