10. Switch Up

Present

Present

"No way," Cisco breathes as Barry and I stand in front of him, now back at S.T.A.R. labs. We were trying to explain what had happened and Cisco was still hesitant to believe either of us. "So Barry is in Raven's body and Raven is in Barry's body, correct?"

"Yes!" Barry yells, only it was my voice. "I have boobs, Cisco!"

Cisco holds his hands out before folding them, pointing at Barry. "So if you are actually Barry, what do I keep stashed away in the bottom of my sock drawer?"

"Licorice," he says, not missing a beat. "I figured that out after I had stayed over one night a few months ago. You told me that you kept it there for easy access."

That convinced Cisco then. "Oh my God, it is you, Barry!"

"How in the hell are we supposed to fix this?" I say then, still not getting used to the fact that I sounded like a man. "We don't even know who did this to us!"

Cisco gives me a look before walking back around to the control panel, typing away for some reason I wasn't quite sure. As I stood there waiting for an answer, I felt incredibly awkward. The more I thought about the fact that I was in Barry's body, the more uncomfortable I felt...mostly because we were on a date just a few minutes ago and it was like I was vulnerable...it was hard to explain.

As I stand there waiting for Cisco to say something, I couldn't help but look over at Barry in my body. It was so strange to be able to see my own body through someone else's eyes, and it was an experience that I wish I didn't have the privilege of having. 

"Can you two break it down for me one last time what exactly happened?" Cisco states then, continuing to type away on the computer. "Maybe we can figure out who the meta was that did this to you two."

I take a deep breath before speaking first. "Well, Barry and I were out on our date-"

"Wait, this was a date?" Cisco grins then, bitting his bottom lip. I give him a look before he's quickly composing himself. "Sorry, continue."

I clear my throat again. "Anyways, we were dancing when a police officer came into the room and pointed a gun at everyone. He demanded for everyone to put their jewelry into a pile."

"All of which while holding the gun to a person's head," Barry cuts me off with my own voice. 

Cisco holds out his hands. "Wait, you two were there the whole time and didn't act during any of this?"

"I wanted to assess the situation," Barry corrects Cisco. "We both were ready to act if the gun was fired. Something felt off about it all, and I wanted to know why."

"Also, I noticed a girl in the corner of the room with a mask over her head during all of this," I tell Cisco and Barry. "She looked terrified, even though I could only see her eyes. She kept repeating over and over again in a familiar voice, 'this isn't me...that isn't me.'"