12. Silver Tricksters

Present

Present

I skid to a halt as I stop in front of the house Cisco told us about; where my identity stealing doppleganger was. The run over here wasn't anything special, besides the constant thoughts running through my mind about my experience not even an hour ago. I could tell that Barry wanted to talk to me about it, but I refused to even go there.

"This is it," I state as Barry stops next to me, looking at the building in front of us. It was a white two story building with a silver Toyota parked out front. I was sort of surprised to see such a decent looking house in this part of the city. "I'll take the front, you take the back."

Barry stops me. "Raven, before we go in there, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry-"

"For what?" I ask before realizing he meant this whole body switch. "This isn't your fault, Barry. You don't have to apologize."

He shakes his head. "This sort of is all of my fault. I just wanted to take you out on a nice date and take things slow for a change...instead we got mixed up in all of this mess and I can't help but blame myself. I guess I'm mostly sorry for what happened back there at the courthouse-"

"None of this is your fault," I stop him, taking a step closer. "We both agreed to go on that date; we were and are in this together. What happened back there at the courthouse wasn't something...it wasn't what I had pictured..." I pause as I sigh, trying to find the right wording. "It wasn't what I had in mind for our first date."

Barry's face starts to turn slightly red. "You and me both. Let's just pretend that none of this ever happened, agreed? I think we at least deserve a second first date...one that goes as planned."

I half smile at him. "I couldn't agree more."

He starts to lean forwards then before stopping. "I would kiss you right now but I think I might have nightmares about kissing myself for weeks after."

I laugh at him then, forgetting everything else that had happened in the past twenty four hours. "Let's go catch this girl so we can get back to being ourselves again."

"That was cute," I hear Cisco say through our coms, taking us off guard. "I may or may not have just heard all of that, but any who, I thought I'd let you two know that she's inside watching TV. Should be an easy snatch and grab."

Barry and I look hopeful. "Alright, thanks Cisco."

"Always a pleasure," he replies back to me as I grin, looking back over at Barry.

"I'll take the front, you take the back," I tell him once more before we're taking off, doing what we were going to do a few minutes ago.

 As I bolt to the front door, I phase through it slowly, making sure to not make too much noise. When I get inside, I look straight and find a staircase leading upstairs, along with a dining room area to my left and the living room to my right. After taking in my surroundings, I realize that the TV was playing in one of the rooms upstairs.