23. Lie Detector

Barry's POV

Barry's POV

It's amazing to me how quickly things can change.

One minute, life is normal, and then the next, you're struggling to keep up. That was how I felt almost every minute of my life, but this time felt especially different. 

It's been a month since Raven's mother returned and we got Caitlin back. All it took was for me to tell her to kill me to bring her back. I knew she couldn't do it, and I'm happy that I was right. Caitlin was a wreck when she finally came back, but we helped her get through it. I'm just hoping that we'll be able to keep Frost at bay for awhile, if not forever. I still hate myself for doing this to her...for creating flashpoint.

On the more positive side, Raven and her mother have been enjoying their time together. Raven hasn't been around a whole lot for this reason, which is fine. I understand completely. If it were my mom, I'd want to spend every minute with her. 

Tessa seems like a nice person. Raven, her, and I have gone out for dinner a few times and I've gotten to learn more about her. I trust her more than I did when she first got here, and I do believe her story. It's just always been hard for me to trust ever since Harrison Wells turned out to be the man who killed my mother. I can't decide if that's a good trait to have or a bad one.

As for Tessa's powers, they're unbelievable. She has lightning coursing through her veins, but it's not lightning like mine. Instead of speed, she can summon that lightning and use it to her advantage. I like to call her the female Thor. Cisco's been running some tests on her and H.R. has been somewhat training her to use her abilities, along with training Wally, so he's been busy.

In terms of my love life, Raven and I have sort of put things on pause. Of course our first date wasn't the best and I promised her another second first date, it just hasn't happened yet. With her mother returning, aliens showing up, and Christmas just right around the corner, we haven't really had the time to focus on us. But that's okay...I'd wait forever for her. 

Savitar has been on my mind a lot lately too. I ended up going to earth three to bring Jay here, mostly to ask him what he knew about Savitar, but also because I have a gut feeling that I'll be needing his help with this one. A large part of me prayed that Jay wouldn't have any clue as to who this guy was, but to my amazement he did, which scares me even more. 

Jay didn't know much, but it was better than the little to zero information we had already. Apparently he was the first man to be granted speed, which is why he calls himself a god. I still find it foolish. 

As for Alchemy....we finally figured out who he was, and it didn't surprise me one bit.

"Julian," I state, crossing my arms behind my back as I stare into the pipeline cell. Earlier, Jay and I had caught Alchemy at the waterfront, so naturally after seeing his face, I put the douche in the pipeline. It was what he deserved.